General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed bleeders

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed bleeders

Introducing SPEED BLEEDERĀ®, the patented bleeder screw with the built-in check valve. It is truly a one-person bleeder screw. Once installed, it becomes a permanent part of the brake system. When it is time to bleed your brakes, you loosen the Speed Bleeder 1/4 - 1/2 turn and pump your brake pedal. When the pedal is depressed the pressure generated opens the check valve letting air and brake fluid out of the end of the Speed Bleeder. When you release the pedal and it returns to the up position, the check valve closes and prevents any air from reentering the system through the Speed Bleeder. When bubble free fluid is evident you close the Speed Bleeder. In the closed position it works just like your stock bleeder screw and prevents any brake fluid from leaking out. It generally takes about 5 pumps to purge each caliper or wheel cylinder. That is all there is to bleeding your brakes. If at a later date you need to bleed your brakes, the patented thread sealing system makes it easy to open the bleeder screw to perform the bleeding operation. It is made of quality materials and it is economical.

$7.00 each

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Honda part numbers "SB8125 or SB8125L " M8 x 1.25
Long Or Short

[IMG]local://upfiles/1672/DA78178A88F644A18EF0712A7BE5E400.gif[/IMG]

Motion Pro makes a very affordable alternative to the Speedbleeder valves. It's a metal (brass?) one way valve with plastic hoses at each end that you transfer from one caliper bleeder to the next as you bleed your systems. I used it to bleed my brake and clutch systems and it worked beautifully! I checked out the Speedbleeder valves last year and decided to get the Motion Pro product because I also found the Speedbleeders to be expensive. If I remember right, the Motion Pro valve cost me about $17.00 just one time!

Beck
95 VFR

[IMG]local://upfiles/1672/F5281BB9B7154308AC4DCA60FC000FD2.gif[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2005, 05:49 AM
Default RE: speed bleeders

ORIGINAL: Tong3

Honda part numbers "SB8125 or SB8125L " M8 x 1.25
Long Or Short
For bikes with the radial brakes and Tokico calipers (e.g. 600RR and 1000RR), you need to use SB7100. But the rear Nissin caliper would use the SB8xxx.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Motion Pro

(Can not be used to bleed systems where you have installed a new brake line and there is no fluid in the line.)

Old 08-11-2005, 12:01 AM

So the advantage with the speedbleeders is that the bleeder screw doesn't have to be tightened down inbetween pumping? I prefer to tighten down the bleeder screw so I can pump the lever several times and then release the bleeder. The speedbleeders won't let you pump it up several times between bleeding.

Doing the rears is a one man/woman job, as is the right front. I like having a helper pump the lever when I'm bleeding the left front because I'm on the other side of the bike and don't want to spill any fluid on the paint.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:01 AM

it doesnt have to be tightened between pumps to prevent air into the system...however, if you want to tighten it down it will act just like a stock bleeder. For the life of me though I cant figure out why youd want to do that. They work great just by pumping.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:28 PM

[&o]
The need for pumping the lever with it closed is utterly eliminated with the Speedbleeders. Simply pump 'til there are no bubbles.

Also the same bleeder # for the clutch as for the rear brake.

For the front, I set up two jars with clear tubing leading to them from each caliper so that you do the fronts at the same time.

These babies are worth their weigh in gold.

Cheers

Old 08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been unable to locate the Motion Pro product mentioned here. Anyone have a link?

Old 08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jaybird...go with the speedbleeders mang...

Old 08-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speedbleeders seem like a better choice, but the flexibility seems better with ProMotion product. I take it that you have the speedbleeders???

Old 08-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup yup...
i bleed frequently...which everyone should do...otherwise you get lots of buildup that can cause your pistons to stick.

after i rebuilt my calipers with all new parts, i went with the speedbleeders...
'
t

Quick Reply: speed bleeders