General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I ....

So I love riding motorcycles, but I crashed. The damage, I think, is only cosmetic but the bike needs new fairing at least on the right side. It's an older bike, 89 CBR 600f, 32k. Even before the crash I knew I was going to have to spend some money on it to get it running like i want it to. It needs new brakes and rotors, new tires, at least, and I was going to have some valve work done and the carbs cleaned. I just started riding in January so I only know a little about the bike but I have talked to people about it every chance I get and have become fond of the bike. What I am wondering is, is the bike worth fixing? Is there a place to get a good low cost motorcycle? I am a college student and straped for funds. I live in vegas if that helps.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Default RE: Should I ....

Sounds like a typical bike of this age...worn and neglected to some degree. You will ind that the parts are VERY expensive from the dealer ( cheaper from places like RonAyers.com but still spendy) and then new tires, rotors, ect.....how much do you want to spend on this thing?? According to my trusty blue book; average retail is about $1200 for one in decent condition, not crashed and needing repair.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:01 PM

If you do fix it check EBAY out I rebuilt a F2 for very little.Some parts were new and about 20% of list price

Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 PM

Thank you for the input. I plan on riding forever so this is probly a good time to get something newer. Will a dealer give me much money for the bike as a trade in? It still runs, actually I still ride it daily.