General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

she looks so helpless, i want to ride again!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: she looks so helpless, i want to ride again!!

The thing about my bank angle sensor that worries me is I bought a used headlight assembly that I was told was for a cbr 1000rr but it turned out to be from a 600 so I had to replace that but I left the bank angle sensor from that pair of headlights with my bike which I would guess is from a 600 as well but the wire colours are the exact same as from the 1000 and there isnt any part #'s on it for me to check. I am starting to think from the results im getting from my fuel pump relay that there is a wiring issue before the relay that I need to fix but I am curious to find out about my bank angle sensor to so I will do that and post the readings shortly

Old 01-17-2009, 04:10 PM

I just did the ohm test on the bank angle sensor and the results were, while ignition off my readings were 1400 with it upright and flipped. but then when I turned the ignition to ON the reading was 0 when upright and 1400 when flipped. so sweet thats a little bit of assurance on that sensor! you guys are helping me try to figure my baby out, keep the tests coming.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:49 PM

oh sweetness! ok so after searching for a while I seemed to have fixed the fuel pump not priming, it is still not starting but I am a step closer with having the fuel pump priming! hmm now to start figuring out why it wont start.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:43 PM

SHE STARTS! shes running right now. thank you everyone, now its time for me to work on the clutch seeing as thats not working and then bleed the front brakes. this is a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:35 PM

so what was the problem?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 PM

well when she was wrecked it cracked the ecm in half so I had to replace that a while ago and both of the connectors to plug into the ecm where in such bad condition that I had to make my own connectors and so after doing the tests on the Fuel relay I followed the wires to see if there were any shorts or anything in the wires and near the radiator there was an open wire, the reason I didnt see it before was it was still in the original electrical tape so it was hidden but today I was heart set on getting my baby running so I was taking off all the original tape and thats when I found it! Thank you for your help squid, and everyone else that steered me in the right direction!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: aj_jensen73

ok I did the testing and my wires are not coming out the same as you are saying they should, wires 2 &3 both get the required 12 volts but wire #1 gets 12 volts as well while wire 4 gets nothing.
Well we knewthe voltageswouldn't be right since thefuel pumpwasn't working. The idea was to find out the cause of the malfunction. If wire #1 was at 12V then the ECU wasn't willingor able topull this wire toground in order toturn on the relay. Sounds like you've got the problem fixed now, so there's no need to look at it any deeper. Enjoy!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: SD2007

ok I did the testing and my wires are not coming out the same as you are saying they should, wires 2 &3 both get the required 12 volts but wire #1 gets 12 volts as well while wire 4 gets nothing.
Well we knewthe voltageswouldn't be right since thefuel pumpwasn't working. The idea was to find out the cause of the malfunction. If wire #1 was at 12V then the ECU wasn't willingor able topull this wire toground in order toturn on the relay. Sounds like you've got the problem fixed now, so there's no need to look at it any deeper. Enjoy!
Thanks SD. the sound of my baby running is an awsome feeling after the wreck we have gone through!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:10 AM

Thanks SD. the sound of my baby running is an awsome feeling after the wreck we have gone through!!!!
And... You get the satisfaction of not being a slave to the shop monkeys that would have charged you big $$$ to do God only knows what. It's a double bonus!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Ya I was a service manager for a boat dealership and ya it is what a lot of dealerships/shops are best at is charging for stuff that doesnt need doing!