General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service dept dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Service dept dropped my bike

I'm kind of with everyone else and I don't think its enough. They should fix everything and give you the tires for free and installed free and $500 cash for the slip-on and fix eveything including the swingarm and then give you all of the old parts too, their yours anyway. The slip-on is what gets me. Did you pay for the pipe with credit??? Then why should you get credit for it? If I pay cash for something and it gets messed up or broken I want my CASH back, just my .02 But if your happy with what they are doing just take it and don't go back. But I would tell them that you want $500 cash for the can and not credit that way you can go someplace else like his compitition and give them his money. But at least you are getting your bike fixed for free, I tipped my bike over last week and I have to pay to get it fixed LOL so I guess it could have been worse. BTW if you didn't check the mileage before you dropped it off deffinately do it next time, there is absolutely no reason for them to be riding your bike. Good luck

-Jesse-

Old 04-06-2006, 11:58 PM

Guys I will be honest with you. I think I am getting a pretty good deal. The scuff on the exhaust is about a 1/2 inch long and its on the strap on the end of the pipe, I am sure I can even buff it out. As for the swing arm if I told you where it was it would be the only way you would find it, again very small maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch long. The fairing has already been replaced and now has no chips from road debris. New mirror and new throttle. Plus I get free tire insulation and $500 bucks so I am going to get a PCIII USB, K&N cleaning kit and something hot for the misses.
Overall I think I am doing pretty good. I have new parts , free tire installation and a free PC3.
Cant wait to go pick it up tomorrow. I am going to take it for a test drive first thing and if its not to my satisfaction they will be seeing me again! After I get everything I want I am going to the local forum in my area and trashing their service dept! LOL

Old 04-07-2006, 01:07 AM

just remember you have new tires on. Don't do anything dumb now, but im sure you know that...

Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

Don't sweat the small stuff, they dropped it, they are going to make it reasonably right, move on. What I found out it is usually the guys that don't have two nickels to rub together argue and fight over the least amount of money. Focus on the big stuff, the small stuff usually goes away.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arkas i think you have the right attitude. i work at a car dealership and have heard horror stories about other servie depts. the good thing is that they first didn't try to say "that's what it was like when you dropped it off here", it sounds like they're being reasonable and trying to make it right by you. i'm sure the first offer wasn't the best if you want to bump them a little, but it seems to me that your coming out ok.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Don't sweat the small stuff, they dropped it, they are going to make it reasonably right, move on. What I found out it is usually the guys that don't have two nickels to rub together argue and fight over the least amount of money. Focus on the big stuff, the small stuff usually goes away.

ok mr. bling bling...nothing wrong with being financially challenged...builds character...so don't bash on guys who "don't have 2 nickels to rub together" because they aren't as fortunate and need to worry about where the next meal comes from, etc...

now if it's someone who wipes his **** with hundreds and then frets about this...that's something to talk about.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:08 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-08-2006, 03:08 AM

Please forgive me... the local shop, tipped over my 1970 454 corvette, garnet red glaze...

Sorry, I couldn't resist !!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!!!!!!! Ripp'n

Old 04-09-2006, 02:38 PM

I dropped my bike in my parking space right after a ride. When I dropped it the engine was still running but by the time it hit the ground the engine was off. I guess there is some kind of sensor that cut the engine off. I was on the bike when it went over too so I was able to cushion it with my body. I didn't do any real damage because of this. only a scratched stator cover on my left side.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:54 PM

It depends on your bike,I have never,owned a new bike,I would b a real ******* about it Thats why they have insurance.They need 2 replace the parts

Quick Reply: Service dept dropped my bike