General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service dept dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006 | 07:05 PM
Default Service dept dropped my bike

What a day, went to get two new pilot power tires installed and an hour and a half later I get a phone call.

The guys at the service dept dropped my bike right after they got the tires put on, luckly it was on the ground when it dropped and not up off the ground!!!!! The bikes right side was scratched to ****, broke the mirror, broke the throttle, scraped the brake leaver, scuffed my $500 slip on and put two small scuffs on my swing arm. WTF!
I was so pissed! The guy in charge of the dept was pretty cool about it though. They are going to replace all the damaged parts except for the swing arm that barely is noticeable, they are going to give me $500 credit for the slip on and free installation for the tires!
****ty thing is that its suppose to be super nice today and tomorrow I am suppose to go back to work!!! Thanks a lot F#*kers for ruining my day and pissing me off!

Old 04-04-2006 | 07:30 PM
Default RE: Service dept dropped my bike

that sucks all your getting is a credit to fix the pipe they damaged and free tire installation?!?! id be wanting free oil chnages for a yr or something thats a bitch!

Old 04-04-2006 | 07:31 PM

look at it this way brand new slip-on and new equipment. Free install to boot so there is a ray of sunshine under the clouds some place for you.

Old 04-04-2006 | 07:45 PM
Retired Mod

that really sucks but, like melantus said, it's all good in the end. you don't have to pay the $150 or whatever they charge to change the tires. and they replace your used (and possibly slightly damaged from road debris) parts with brand new oem stuff. and the pipe is cool too. you get to replace your used, partially burnt out pipe with a brand new one. and i really like the sounds of them giving you credit instead of replacing it. you can re-buy the pipe you had or choose whatever brand you want. so you miss a day or two of riding but you gain a bike in better shape than it went in. i'd let them drop my bike if i could get that deal!

Old 04-05-2006 | 04:12 AM

I think they raced your bike a bit There's too much damage for a simple drop.. Don't be so naive

Old 04-05-2006 | 06:45 AM

next time you get tires put you bike on stands, take off your wheels and give it to them its cheaper and you can keep you bike at home nice and safe... and if you get bored you can get on her make some veroom veroooom noises and its just like riding but with out wheels its fun trust me!!

Old 04-05-2006 | 06:46 AM

Arkas, Hmmmm... After think'n about it... did they put any mi. on it ??? somebody there, KNOWS the truth, and I'm betting the owner, w/ zillions invested in his biz, has an intrest in getting to the bottom of it. This **** can destroy the integrety of a dealership, if HE dosen't satisfy you. maybe the mention of have'n YOUR own insurance claim adjuster look at it. These guys (good one) are a forensic monster, of damage.
At first thought, the remedy sounds reasonable... but what are ya getting? He's make'n you buy the can from him, so what are you get'n... .50 on the dollar? replacement parts, tell'm you want the old parts too.Scratched swing arm?...FIXXED SWINGARM. my neck of the woods, admittedly off season ,2 wheels, my tires,w/ balance,22$ each...on the bike!!!!!!!!!this guy really isn't kick'n much... Maybe just BS. over his tracks. Especialy, if it was not, just tipped over.
I'm really into grace, but I'm really into descerning the truth, first. Hmmmm... Clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!!!!!!!Ripp'n

Old 04-05-2006 | 01:52 PM

does sound like alot of damage for a simple drop, but who knows. as long as they are fixing it all. you should tell them to powdercoat your swingarm since it is more noticable than when you dropped your bike off. ****, give me the address and ill knock my bike over myself!

Old 04-05-2006 | 05:27 PM

what the heck is a drop while it was on the ground? and with all that damage? WTH?
do the work yourself mang...
here are the perks...
you know your ride...
you feel like a mang...
your ***** and penith feel 10x bigger!

Old 04-05-2006 | 07:24 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

what the heck is a drop while it was on the ground? and with all that damage? WTH?
do the work yourself mang...
here are the perks...
you know your ride...
you feel like a mang...
your ***** and penith feel 10x bigger!
You crazy man Without seeing the damage I'd say his description is reasonable for just a drop. The force of a bike going over is huge. The pivot is the ground so a throttle that's say 2 1/2 feet up could see 1000# of force when it hits.

Bottom line is if you're happy with their offer then more power to ya. Me? No way ... that isn't adequate compensation in my book. You bring it in to them in a certain condition it should leave there in better condiditon (you are paying them to do work).

That's why I do ALL my own maintenance. You see, I know the mechanic and he's pretty good with a wrench. Takes care of my bike like it's his own. And he does it all for FREE

Quick Reply: Service dept dropped my bike