General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding in the rain..

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in the rain..

Well its sorta a nice day in pa Not to cold...doesnt appear to be any dangerous Snow i could get caught up in on the ground But the roads Are wet I always avoided wet roads never had any of my bikes out in the rain or while the road's were wet..How dangerous is it to be riding while the roads are wet And cinder's Should i worry about Rolling it?..what are everyone elses thought on this.I mean if i take it easy should i be fine?

Old 12-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Riding in the rain..

I ride in the rain a lot, on purpose. You'll be surprised how much grip you get as long as you maintain good (proper) throttle control. Just like my riding in the wind thread, adverse conditions make you a better rider as you get used to them.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:15 AM

kewl..then as of right now im gearing up...its been like god dam 2 months since i've rode with this dam cold..lets see if i still got it in me

Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Retired Moderator

Take it easy out there. If it is just wet you should be fine as long as you take it easy, dont rush things, dont do any extreme leaning or braking. If it recently snowed, it is cold, and the ground is wet, watch out for black ice ... watch out for black ice .. totaled my car on that *censored* stuff

Old 12-30-2008, 05:38 PM

With my previous job I racked up 22k miles in 18months on a 96 unfaired 600 bandit. I rode in all weathers, rain, snow, ice, wind etc. Its just something that you get used to doing. You get to 'know' your bike and its (and your own) limitations. Also, its worth investing in a decent set of all weather tyres, I used Bridgestones Battlax BT020's. Brilliant in the dry and the wet. I have also dumped the dunlops that were on my '91 1000F for the same tyres. Ice you have to be careful with, and if you think that you are on black ice, or any other ice just dont make any sudden changes, throttle, brakes or otherwise. In the 300+ miles I used to ride a week, touch wood, I never had an accident. Came close on some gravel once but thats a different story! ;-)

Old 12-30-2008, 05:54 PM

Gravel is from the devil him(her)self.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

The only problem i noticed with riding in the rain was that my helmet fogged up.

I would not even think about riding in the snow.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 PM

http://www.sounddistribution.co.uk/p...p?recnumber=72

Fog City Hyper Optik. brilliant. its like double glazing, no more fogging up
Mine was the amber lens which helped in the crappy light conditions. Also, I use Autoglym SUper Resin Polish on the inside and outside on the visor. No fogging and the rain just blows off with a turn of the head!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

I ride in the rain a lot, on purpose. You'll be surprised how much grip you get as long as you maintain good (proper) throttle control. Just like my riding in the wind thread, adverse conditions make you a better rider as you get used to them.
Me too. I kinda like rain rides.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 AM

my bike is still currently my only transportation and so I've had to drive in all weather, but it really isn't that bad, it gets kinda annoying people saying how much it must suck riding in the rain or cold, honestly it doesn't bother me and I just tell them it isn't that bad

Quick Reply: Riding in the rain..