General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Stock Brake Lines

Old 04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Stock Brake Lines

I was just about to order some Two Brothers Brake Lines but i figured before i did..is ther eanyone out there can tell me if this is going to be a minor project or a massive undertaking and if the looks is really worth the work..well i already know that answer.Im just tryin to stir the brain trust on what it is goin to entail...thanks..

Old 04-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Default RE: Replacing Stock Brake Lines

it really depends on how mechanically inclined you are. just be sure to bleed it properly and you should be ok. i know when i put techn-fit ss lines on my car it took me a couple hours just to make sure i did everything to the T. i still have yet to get braided lines for the bike. speed bleeders help to or a brake flush machine. tools are worth the investment

Old 04-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS lines mang...TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
just get front but not rear...cause you'll lock it right up.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM

Its not really so much hard as it is time consuming. Its easy to attatch and run the lines because its only a few banjo bolts. The hard part is bleeding the system after and will also be the most time consuming. As far as what tahoe said about the back I don't see why you would lock up the rear by putting a ss line on it. Why is that tahoe?

Old 05-02-2006, 02:09 PM

It took me 30 minutes to install and a day to bleed! Speed bleeders a must as far as I'm concerned. Performance justifies the time. Also disagreed with back brake lockup.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:49 PM

LOL...my wrists are so buff cause i redid mah brakes!
yea...speedbleeders for regular bleeders and the might-vac for initial set up!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: kustom98f3

Its not really so much hard as it is time consuming. Its easy to attatch and run the lines because its only a few banjo bolts. The hard part is bleeding the system after and will also be the most time consuming. As far as what tahoe said about the back I don't see why you would lock up the rear by putting a ss line on it. Why is that tahoe?

I'm assuming it's because if the rear brake pedal were any stiffer you'd have a tendency to lock the rear brake, which is bad. The rear brake is pretty damn mushy though, at least it is on my bike. I don't think that I can press it hard enough to lock the rear wheel.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 PM

hey kiggy, i think you better have that rear brake looked at then. it's supposed to be the easiest to lock...i mean it's not like that if you touch it, it locks, but it should lock relatively easy.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 PM

I might do that. I might ride a buddy's bike to compare as well. It's definitely softer than my F4i. There's not much resistance in the pedal, although the fluid is full.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:19 AM

The rear brake on my 06 1000RR is very mushy too. I have heard others complain about the same thing on the same bike. I want a more solid feel like I have on the 05 600RR. If anyone has a fix let me know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing Stock Brake Lines