General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Stator Cover Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Removing Stator Cover Questions??

ORIGINAL: arkas

Hey Turnin20s now that you mention it, my buddy high-sided his 636 last summer and broke the stator cover and it too leaked oil???? Seems strange that oil would leak from somewhere where electricty is generated.......Now I am wondering why?
I know exactly what you mean. When I think about it it kind of worries me, so it just sits in the back of my mind and I worry about other things. I'll just drain the oil and then take everything apart. I have the service manual so it shouldn't be a problem getting everything taken care of.

-Jesse-

Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM

Hey I saw something on line that you might be interested in. Its a stator cover made of Carbon fiber, all you have to do is clean the one thats on there now and stick the carbon one on over the old one. It looks sharp. I dont know where I saw it but when I go to work tonight I will look for the site for you. Speaking of work I better get going.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:07 PM

Hey I saw something on line that you might be interested in. Its a stator cover made of Carbon fiber, all you have to do is clean the one thats on there now and stick the carbon one on over the old one. It looks sharp. I dont know where I saw it but when I go to work tonight I will look for the site for you. Speaking of work I better get going.
Yeah I have looked into those, but it was $85 for the one that I found. Yeah I think it would look really good, but I'm not sure if its worth $85. If you find the link send it over and if its not too bad I'll get one of those, if they were like $40 or so I would have gotten one already.

-Jesse-

Old 02-21-2006, 10:04 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carbo...spagenameZWDVW

yeah they arent cheap!! you can get a brand new cover for about $40 if you shop around.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Advert25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carbo...spagenameZWDVW

yeah they arent cheap!! you can get a brand new cover for about $40 if you shop around.
I just can't see spending that much just for a piece that glues on to the stock cover. I'm going to stick with the painting idea, mabye someday I'll buy the carbon cover but not now. Thanks for the link though.

-Jesse-

Old 02-21-2006, 10:35 PM

hi ya when removing the stator cover bear one thing in mind as i found out recently to my dismay, inside the cover is a race bearing which is attached to the end of the alternator shaft and inside that unit also comes a oil seal depending on the age and mileage of bike this bearing may well fall apart, inturn creating a real head ache, honda say the shaft comes with the bearing complete and can not supply with out shaft uk price £450 pounds also to replace this shaft means a complete engine strip. I have asked if other members have got a work around for this and am still awaiting a reply, just worth thinking about

Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: ricgrip

hi ya when removing the stator cover bear one thing in mind as i found out recently to my dismay, inside the cover is a race bearing which is attached to the end of the alternator shaft and inside that unit also comes a oil seal depending on the age and mileage of bike this bearing may well fall apart, inturn creating a real head ache, honda say the shaft comes with the bearing complete and can not supply with out shaft uk price £450 pounds also to replace this shaft means a complete engine strip. I have asked if other members have got a work around for this and am still awaiting a reply, just worth thinking about
I don't think I'll have to worry about since my bike only has 5,000 miles on it, but I'm going to try to paint it without removing it at first. Thanks for the info though.

-Jesse-

Old 02-24-2006, 03:02 PM

God I hate gaskets.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

Yeah I have looked into those, but it was $85 for the one that I found. Yeah I think it would look really good, but I'm not sure if its worth $85. If you find the link send it over and if its not too bad I'll get one of those, if they were like $40 or so I would have gotten one already.

-Jesse-

www.oppracing.com that is were those carbon covers are they look clean as hell

Old 07-15-2006, 04:05 AM

hey, turnin20s, there's nothin short about that video of you and your boy pullin wheelies. Loved it! Were you holding any 3rd gear wheelies or just 2nd?

Quick Reply: Removing Stator Cover Questions??