General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing side decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing side decals

Unfortunately my bike was pushed over the other night and there are some scratches, mostly on the decals. Does anyone know the best way to get the decals off without damaging paint? thanks

Old 06-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: removing side decals

Use a heat gun then something like goo gone for any sticker residue.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:21 AM

Sorry about you bike, screw those bastards that don't respect other peoples' property. Try a hair dryer if you don't have a heat gun and windex. Just remember windex will remove any wax you have on so you'll have to rewax. I've heard Goo Gone is good too, haven't have the chance to try it yet.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:18 AM

I just removed mine yesturday. The heat gun works the best for heating the plastic up, but the hairdryer worked fine.... just took a while, and acetone or from the 'depot, which was 6 bucks for a can losened the sticky stuff..... I also used a plastic scrapping tool.... good luck

Old 06-04-2006, 09:14 AM

I took all of my decals off today and if your looking to do the same your best bet is to peel the whole thing off. (use your nail or razor to get a good corner up to pull on) and take it off. use products such as "Goof Off" or "OOPS" and just rub the residue off completely.

The removers do not affect the paint what-so-ever so you dont have to worry about paint smear (thinner effect) or the plastic melting/eating away on your plastic body pieces.

best of luck to ya.

Adam

Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM

hey let me know how you got the stickers off the gas tank

Old 06-04-2006, 01:50 PM

I didnt take the ones off the gas tank, they are under a clear coat.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:34 PM

ahh okay. than my tip is pretty much useless to you. You can either take some thinner and kill your gas tank cover or buy a whole new cover - repaint and start from there.

Sorry man. Best of luck.

ADam

Old 06-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS, if there clearcoated, noway,w/o a respray /blend, to repair that clear. if there just stickers(no clear ) get one of those decal eraser wheels, i used one yesterday, on mine, and it literaly took seconds. With not a scratch !!!!!!!, and almost all the adheasive came off, at the same time... idiot proof. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 06-04-2006, 03:48 PM

Never heard of the decal wheel nor have i seen one in stores so I'll deff look into that for future use. thanks.

But yea, im glad my 06 had the stickers over all the paint and clear or else id have a hissy fit heh

I took off the wings on the gas tank, the CBR racing, all the honda dealer BS stickers as well as the 1000rr sticks. Looks much better

Cheers, and sorry its not what you wanted to hear "ride_002000" but it looks like your gonna have to do some re-paint if you want that sticker gone.

Adam

Quick Reply: removing side decals