General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raised windshield

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raised windshield

how many of you have used these raised windshields?
be it the DB or eBay special or what ever.

are they actually raised or more curved? or more pointy? or what??
what am i missing?

i was going to get a tinted one to replace the half tint stock one but if these 'raised' ones are so much better then it might be worth the extra few bucks.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM

its just a double radius curve. Picture an extra hump or whatever you want to call it in the center part of your stock windscreen that comes up higher. I mean the picture should be pretty self explanatory

http://images.motorcycle-superstore....Windscreen.jpg

1) they raise the flow of air going over your bike so on the highway or at higher speeds itll be directed over your head instead of blasting you in the face, making for a more comfortable ride

2) i prefer the look of the double bubbles over the stock windscreen.

Thats pretty much all there is to them.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Its obviously just a preference thing but I think the Chinese eBay imports look rediculous. The DB style ones that are so prevalent there specifically.

"Back in the day" they had versions that just had a greater radius with a little kick up at the very edge. They looked pretty stock but with some added deflection. The deflection on either style is pretty minimal, granted I'm not a little guy but it didn't get close to deflecting wind over my head. It probably saved me a few inches on the tuck or so.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM

yes i have noticed that.
with my old Hyosung, in normal sitting position i was looking 'under' the windshield but now on the F4i i can clearly see 'over' it.

it is very obvious a raised one would help but i don't know if the eBay ones are any good or not. but for $20-30 to my door... meh.

i would def be getting a tinted/black one

Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM

i got a black one from china for $19 lol..
its actually quite a beautiful windscreen and given that they are 140 in shops here, im
happy with it. tbh though, i don't notice anything on the freeway going 100+, but it
looks nicer than the MRA smoked one i bought the bike with

Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM

I recently got one of those cheap eBay screens to see for myself what the difference is. I took these pictures of the clear stock screen and the dark double bubble style so you can compare them.

The new one is noticibly higher. I can tell it keeps less wind off my body when riding at speed but doesn't protect much above my shoulders. There's much more room to tuck behind the screen, than on the stock one, to get totally out of the wind and looking through the screen is much easier.

The look of the screen has grown on me and the wind protection is better but the quality of those cheap screens is pretty low. There's no beading around the top edge to strengthen the screen and it's basically just a piece of plastic moulded to shape with some holes drilled in it. I even had to drill out the holes a little because they were slightly off position.

Attached Thumbnails raised windshield-img_2879.jpg   raised windshield-img_2880.jpg  
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 PM

holey !!
that is A LOT higher then stock. the guy told me (over email) that i was around 13cm higher but in the picture it just looks massive.
although i got an F4i with a longer windscreen but i would image them being around the same.

is this a DB or one of them eBay specials?

not too worried about the beading on top as i have flashers installed there anyway.

looking more for a bit better wind protection as i drive 100+km/h to work and back everyday.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 PM

Mine was just a $25 eBay special, shipped from Hong Kong. For that price I was happy to experiment for myself and see what difference it made to the wind protection. At least for my F2 screen it made a noticable difference.