General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POLISHING RIMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:57 AM
BB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLISHING RIMS

Is the polish something that you have to reapply from time to time, or is it like paint and you only have to do it once?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:53 AM

I saw this post afew days ago and some though into trying it out.. so today i stopped by the store and picked up everything i needed.. Iwas pretty excited to get started, so i tested it out on a small section of the rim.. and to my surprise it was very easy to do.. so here i am done w/ the right side of the front and back and i must say that it looks pretty bad ***.. its not all that hard either.. i taped & sprayed the back wheel and while i was waiting for the time to pass i started working on the front wheel.. thanks for sharing your idea

Old 01-14-2007, 04:59 PM

bike looks awesome... are those flat black lowers? i just got mine in i like the look... quick question about the polishing... do you need to sand with sand paper?

Old 01-14-2007, 07:56 PM

Sanding is not necessary I don't believe.

I'm still in the middle of polishing mine, but the freezing weather is making the finish difficult to come off. Waiting for it to warm up!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM

Would this work for the swing arm? Mine has some nasty stains from battery acid (previous owner).

Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 PM

i tested a small section of my rims n i decided im gonna polish em i got new tires n was gonna powder coat but i'm on a budget n this is a gr8 look for cheap i am goin to polish the enitre rim doe so i'll see how it goes . heres a couple sample pics of before i have to take the rim to get a lip taken out of it once i get it back i'll finish stripping it

Old 02-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Looks good.I,m doing this on a freind of mines 04 600rr but I used aircraft stripper and then just polished the front one up like a mirror.I'm having a promblem with the rear rim though.It just won't polish up.It's like there's somrthing still on it.You didn't have any problems like this did you?
Also,I painted this bike for him also and got stuck putting it back together.I have no idea where any of the bolts and fastners go.And also how do you get the tailsection on with out breaking it?

Old 02-08-2007, 01:06 AM

Finished mine last week. Special thanks to crxtrixx, RCKT GRL, kcinobro, and other inspirations.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:02 AM

Whooowie! That's what I'm talkin about! The sun's hittin it just right on the first pic.Nice job. It was easy as pie wasn't it?

Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 AM

heh, took me 2 weeks since the coldness made the finish VERY difficult to come off. But when it finally warmed up it was simple. The best part was peeling off the tape all at once.

I highly recommend Mother's Polish!

Quick Reply: POLISHING RIMS