General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help, Urgant! please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help, Urgant! please!

I posted this in another forum, please do not move/lock this thread, i am in desperate need of help.

My bike is my open way of transportation.

I was riding from school, i was in 2nd or 3rd gear, going maybe 30mph, down shifted into what must have been 1st gear, i hear "clunk clunk" and i thought i felt the tire lock up in the back, rolled it to a parking spot, got it trailered back to my place, no idea where to start. I gotta be at work tomorrow morning (obviously i'll get a ride) but i need it fixed ASAP.

I have rebuilt car engines, etc etc, i am extremely mechanical, I do have the service manual, i just have absolutly no idea where to start on the bike, or how the tranny works. It will crank over forever, almost want to start, but wont start or run. Seems to roll OK in neutral, i can shift through all the gears i think.

help please

Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Default RE: please help, Urgant! please!

ah I really wish I knew enough about bikes tranny's to help you out with that but if it is not starting things I would check are the basics that people forget to check,things like making sure you have fuel, checking your engine kill switch, making sure your kickstand is up, bike is in nuetral and clutch in while starting, check the voltage of your battery, check your fuses and replace any blown ones. I know some of those things are pretty stupid sounding but you would be suprised at what people forget to check. Good luck man.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 PM

Well the reason why its not electrical/fuses/kickstand/etc, is it will crank over, and almost want to start/chug, but wont.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:59 PM

I just went out, it started and i got it to rev up to like 4-5k, then immedietly died... and doesnt wanna re-start, the engine sounds OK though when it was running for that second.

itll roll around in neutral. I don't think it has anything to do with spark/gas/etc, as it happend/died when i downshifted hard..

ARGGGG what the hell

Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 AM

so it ran fine in Nuetral but died while shifting, do the exact same thing you did this time to get it started again and let it stay in nuetral to warm up and see if it stays on. I am not an expert on this stuff but this is what i would give a shot to start eliminating possible problems.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 AM

No, it was running and i was riding it, and i downshifted hard, and clunk clunk, dead....

maybe its super super duper duper flooded, im gonna try and start it in the morning. no matter what as soon as it wants to go, itll die, i just got lucky and got a couple revs out of it i think.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 AM

if you can pull the spark plugs and try starting it, Ive done thatforsmall engines when theyare flooded and it works great but I am not sure it works the same way for motorcycle engines but its cant hurt to try.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 AM

IT RUNS!!!! I let it sit overnight, and fired it up this morning, all 4 cylinders are firing (burnt my hand on each exhaust header...), it seems to ride and shift OK, it seems almost "laggy" on power/throttle, but maybe its just my imagination.

I'm thinking for some reason when it stalled when i downshifted hard/locked up the tire, i left it in gear or something for a second or two, and it was just dumping fuel in the cylinders, so maybe it was just super super flooded.

I'm so pumped!!!!!!! Thanks for everyones help

Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would check your plugs, I bet they are beginning to foul. By the way, great looking bike!!

Quick Reply: please help, Urgant! please!