General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Pegs Bottom Out

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021 | 11:13 PM
|
Default Passenger Pegs Bottom Out

So, being new here im still learning the ropes on navigating through this but here goes. So got my '06 1krr back in late Jan of this year. Steadily fixing and tinkering with her and ive come to find that when my wife rides with me the left passenger peg has been hitting the swingarm on some good bumps. Now keep in mind my wife is maybe 130 on a bad day so we aren't pushing the load limit here. So i went and ordered a decent set of used pegs. Well after install and doing some eyeballing the new ones are gonna hit even worse on that side. And its only the left. So questions are 1. Does anyone know if the assembly rail can be adjusted or moved to be more "squared" with the frame and swing arm and 2. Is there a possible known fix other than previously stated question?

Old 04-16-2021 | 05:24 AM
Welcome crew

Originally Posted by VikingWrench
... So questions are 1. Does anyone know if the assembly rail can be adjusted or moved to be more "squared" with the frame and swing arm and 2. Is there a possible known fix other than previously stated question?
I don't have an answer for #1 but have you checked the preload on the rear shock? If there is room to crank it up higher, it might help. Of course, if it is just too worn out, you might need to replace it...

Old 04-16-2021 | 06:30 AM
|

Originally Posted by Doc Samson
I don't have an answer for #1 but have you checked the preload on the rear shock? If there is room to crank it up higher, it might help. Of course, if it is just too worn out, you might need to replace it...
Ive check the preload and its set pretty decently. Shock is still in good shape too. Like i said the irritating parts is peg cleareance at the swingarm on the left side

Old 04-22-2021 | 07:22 PM

I've never heard of, or seen this happen. The shock should bottem out well before parts hit swingarm. Is the bike lowered?

Old 04-22-2021 | 07:30 PM
|

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
I've never heard of, or seen this happen. The shock should bottem out well before parts hit swingarm. Is the bike lowered?
It has tbe factory dog bone on it. Wutever the previous owner(s) done to it is beyond my knowledge or sight. Some genius thought it was a great idea to rattle can black everything that wasnt already painted. So pretty much everything except the fairings almost. Posted pics are of where the peg is making contact on the swing arm.

Old 04-22-2021 | 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Is it possible that the tail subframe is twisted just enough to allow the passenger pegs to be rotated in enough that they would make contact?

Old 04-22-2021 | 11:29 PM
|

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Is it possible that the tail subframe is twisted just enough to allow the passenger pegs to be rotated in enough that they would make contact?
Its possible, but i won't find out until my new fairings come in and i start stripping it down.

Old 04-23-2021 | 04:32 PM
Welcome crew

I was also wondering if it is the footrest hangar itself that has been bent in. I will have a look at mine tomorrow but I think that they are well outside the arc of the swing arm.

Old 04-23-2021 | 04:41 PM
|

Originally Posted by Al1040
I was also wondering if it is the footrest hangar itself that has been bent in. I will have a look at mine tomorrow but I think that they are well outside the arc of the swing arm.
My right side peg is at the correct angle and sticks out for plenty of clearance. I bought a different set and again, right side is fine but left side hits even further in than the original peg was. Its really aggravating. Buy a new part to fix a problem and it makes the problem worse. Cant stand working backwards.

Old 04-24-2021 | 03:47 AM
Welcome crew

It is definitely pointing to a twisted subframe in that case

Quick Reply: Passenger Pegs Bottom Out