General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Optimum Tire Pressures...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optimum Tire Pressures...

Hey guys I have a quick question about tire pressure. Ive always been a little lost on the subject, but just recently got into checking my tires as often as I should be. ( I definately need a better guage than the one I have though... cheap sucks lol). Anyways... I was wondering, what do you guys run? I know the lower the psi, the more traction/faster wear/somewhat less stability. The higher the psi just the opposite... I lowered my front and back to 35 today and seemed to grip WAY better on this cold pavement, but arent you supposed to run diff psi per front/back?

btw... I am currently running metz. sportec m1's. I do quite a bit of solo riding, but I also get quite a bit of 2 up experience. Should i put my pressure at optimum for solo and take it easy when 2 up, or should I adjust per condition?

thanks a lot for any help,

Chris

Old 03-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Default RE: Optimum Tire Pressures...

I run 40psi in the rear, 38 on the front for 2 up. If it is warm out.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:26 AM

I run 40 psi on the back dunlop 208 and 32 psi on the front 207. I'm thinking about experimenting and lowering the rear a few pounds.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:43 AM

i run 34-36
which is in btw track and factory psi

Old 03-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should adjust based on what type of riding you do...yea i know ...lots of work so it sucks...but that's to get max wear and performce. if it's cold out...i wouldn't run high pressure. if it's warm out and you're commuting, i would.
for canyons and track, etc...drop the pressure...or do what shraz does and run something in between. i run my diablos up there like 38/36 and it's been real good, cold or warm...and in the twists...plenty o grip.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:01 PM

I ride on the street only. I run 36 psi rear and 34 psi front.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:31 PM

alrighty... right now my tires are sitting 35 rear and about 34 front... that sound good enough or should i drop the front another psi?

thanks for all the help guys... im noticing a huge gain in traction compared to where they were at... I might even be able to pop it up without my tire slipping or anything, lol j/k

take it easy,

Chris

Old 03-06-2006, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

you should adjust based on what type of riding you do...yea i know ...lots of work so it sucks...but that's to get max wear and performce. if it's cold out...i wouldn't run high pressure. if it's warm out and you're commuting, i would.
for canyons and track, etc...drop the pressure...or do what shraz does and run something in between. i run my diablos up there like 38/36 and it's been real good, cold or warm...and in the twists...plenty o grip.

Agree with all that, and don`t forget to measure/check your tyre pressures cold. makes a big difference.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:00 PM

+1

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

Old 03-07-2006, 01:43 AM

You mean 36 front and 38 rear Tahoe ? Or the opposite ?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Optimum Tire Pressures...