General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No signals, brake or horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No signals, brake or horn

Alright guys... I have a thread on 600rr.net and nobody there seems to know what's up. I thought I'd post the link in here and you guys could tell me what you think. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...90#post1871690

Here's my latest info on my situation though:

Last September I posted this... and the problem began actually in maybe May.

hey guys, I searched "turn signals" under troubleshooting but didn't see anything exactly like my problem. I had a dealer install my hotbodies front led flushmounts and rear integrated clear alternatives light and have had no problems for the last 4 months... then.. a few weeks ago... I went to park the bike at night and realized my turn signals aren't working... they worked the day before but nothing from the front or rear. And I DO have resistors installed... should I just take it to the dealer since it is covered under warranty? or should I not trust that they will cover it?[/align]
no brake lights or horn either...

... 1 year later

I took my bike to the dealer and they can't figure out what's wrong without having all of my stock lights. So far the service mgf says he thinks it might be the circuit board in the tail light that messed everything up. I dunno. He said he tested all of the switches and they are good. He also said the ground for the tail lights is the same as the ground for the brake light and wasn't sure if that was a big deal but was gonna try making a new ground. ??? He said none of the fuses were blown either. I don't have my original tail light here (I moved for school) but I did take him my original fender with signals on it to see if he wants to wire those up and try them alone or something.[/align] __________________

Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Default RE: No signals, brake or horn

3rd fuse from the bottom. (maybe 4th, I think 3rd though)

Old 10-06-2008, 07:54 PM

^^^^ where is that fuse box located at? Also, if I change the fuse and everything works again, how do I make sure it doesn't happen again? tape the resistors better or something? what do you think may have caused the fuse to blow?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM

Its under the left fairing on the side, about 6 inches to the left of the main bolt on the left side. Just use a phillips screwdriver to undo the screw and pull back the fairing and you will see a little black box. It sounds like you are shorting out somewhere or crossed wires. You should have an extra 10amp fuse in the box to replace it with. Make sure none of the wire or resistor prong is exposed on your wiring. You can put a 20amp fuse in there but isnt recommended but it will help until you figure out your popping issue, but try the 10 amp better.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 PM

i wouldnt put a 20 amp in at all if it is blown... if the 10 amp keeps blowing figure out whats wrong instead of trying to bandaid it with an incorrect fuse.. not a good thing to do

Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Right. However if its what he uses for transportation, really dont have a choice til you figure it out. That's why I said its not recommended, but check all your connections and make sure nothing is grounded or crossed.

Heres a picture
Name:  Picture018-1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  46.3 KB

Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 PM

I think you're right, I'll stay safe with the 10 amp, I'd hate to blow my ignition switch or something ( I know a guy that did that to his RR)... thanks both of you for your help. I will see if I can just pick my bike up from the dealer tomorrow morning (I live 100 yards from there... that's one nice thing ). I'll do what you guys said or if I tell them to try it and they do it maybe I'll let them see if they can see where it's going awry. I don't want to give them any reasons to charge me tho so I think I'll ****** it up, change the fuse, and take the tail n sides off to see where my wires are causing the short. I'm not good with wiring problems tho so I'll be posting all morning if I can't figure it out!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Probably the best idea if it isnt your daily driver. If you cant figure it out, post a pic, we can give you a hand.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM

That's where I thought it was... With the the numnutted parts guys I hope they didn't jack anything up. They didn't know what rim savers were and they had never seen stompgrip on a bike. *^$%*!! And the first guy I asked didn't know what the difference between Vesrah RJL and Vesrah JL... actually, they had never heard of them. Oh well, I'll be digging in 2mrw morn... hope it goes smooth (ha! ya right)

Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Ok, I just changed that fuse... it's the 2nd fuse from the top, it's labeled so no biggie. I now have turn signals... and a brake light... but still no horn??? Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do before I dig into this further? Places I should look for a short, etc?

Quick Reply: No signals, brake or horn