General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No go

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No go

This spring I tried starting my bike and had a dead battery. Charged it up, left battery charger connected and when I tried starting the bike it turned over good, then smoke came out from under the windshield. The dash didnt work, so I got another one and that works now. Bike still wouldnt start and was told I probaly cooked the brain, so I got one of them still nothing. I dont have spark and the fuel injection doesnt turn on with the key switch. I pulled almost the entire wiring harness out of the bike with no burned wires. The dash inside wasnt burned either. Honda tech told me there is a tip switch buried up front somewhere that could be bad. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. It warm out and I wanna ride!!

Old 04-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Default RE: No go

might also be your kickstand censor. but it does sound like the tip switch is doing it. what kind of bike do you have year etc..?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:48 AM

The bike is a 2001 Honda CBR 929. The bike still turns over fine, so I dont think its the kickstand sensor. I thought it wouldnt let the bike turn over at all then, but could be wrong. I cant remember its been so long since I had the thing running. The problem with the tip sensor is that I cant find that either. I figured it would be behind the dash, but nothing yet. I have to get the tank off and get under that thing again.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:30 PM

You've tried the simple things like plugs? Also maybe the battery isn't giving enough power to the starter? I'm stuck unless I can hear you try to start it. Could the smoke be some condensation from the exhaust? Were you inside or outside?