General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here, looking for some help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, looking for some help.

HEY ALL, IM NEW HERE TO THIS SITE, LOOKED INTERESTING. I OWN A '01 CBR 929RR, JUST DID AN ENGINE SWAP, ALL IS GOING GOOD, EXCEPT THE SERVO MOTOR THAT CONTROLS THE INTAKE DOESNT KICK ON WHEN I POWER THE BIKE ON.I OWN THE SHOP MANUAL FOR THIS BIKE AND DID ALL THE TESTS THAT IT CALLS FOR, I GET POWER RUNNING THROUGH THE WIRES, THE MOTOR RUNS WHILE WIRED STRAIGHT TO THE BATTERY. WHAT IS WRONG?, AND TAKERS?

Old 04-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: NEW HERE, LOOKING FOR SOME HELP.

First hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the 929, but I took a quick look at your shop manual and it list the intake temperature sensor resistance at 20degrees C and 68 degrees F. Does this mean it doesn't open until the ambient temperature is 68F? Just a thought because in most areas it's still cold. Does it open at all after the bike is running hot?

Old 04-08-2006, 11:22 PM

its not a matter of that, the motor is not ready to turn over yet, i still need to oil the engine and put the tank on, but the servo motor is supposed to get power and rotate as soon as you tourn on the the power switch on the handle bars, and it doesnt, the servo is good i ran the tests the manual says to do and the motor does not operate, i went to the local honda dealer and they couldnt even help me, i have come so far and this little problem is really becoming annoying. any help would be great.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Retired Administrator

So I'm wrong on the 68F thing...

The intake works when you supply power to it and the sensor works but doesn't open the intake?

I'll assume you have checked the wiring in between. You know, a lot of riders remove the intake flaps from their bikes. Why not wire it so it opens every time you turn the key?

What I'm failing to understand is why does it need a sensor if it opens as soon as you turn the key on? If that's how it works, then all it should have is a direct wire or a relay that opens the intake.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:51 PM

The part i am talking about is called an EGCV AND INTAKE VALVE SERVO MOTOR.this motor is supposed to rotate then stop. 3 cables run to this motor, 2 from the exhaust and one from the intake box.the other end wich is a natural connector consisting of six electrical wires, connect into the wiring harness, wich leads to the ECM. The ECM is good, the servo motor is good, but yet i get no power in the servo motor when the run switch is turned on.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:25 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Sorry I can't help.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Hello & Welcome!!

Sorry I can't help.

+1 Best of luck in your search. With all the great people here and all the knowledge you should be able to get the help you need.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 AM

Hi - Did anyone solve this - im seeing the same problem

Old 10-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sounds like an electrical relay in the loom is fried - could it be ?

Old 03-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Default servo motor

the bike must be in gear and moving under load and it should open around 6500 rpm