General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy need info

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy need info

As the title states I am new here first post new. I recently purchased a 2001 Honda F4I it has no exhaust on it no midpipe or anything. It has a Power commander iii usb in it. It is cutting out at some points coming to a stop and turning off. It also has terrible low end power. So i am trying to purchase an exhaust i found this one on ebay
Honda CBR600 F4i 2001-2006 DS70 Carbon Exhaust Muffler | eBay
I was wondering if anyone has experience with these exhausts or if you could help me find a power commander file that would suit this exhaust. OOOOOrrr if anyone thinks there is a better/cheaper alternative for an exhaust. Remember i have no mid pipe i believe it is called were the header ends Pretty much running an open header....... All Help is appreciated thank you and as always ride safe.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM

welcome to the forum. i wish i could answer your question but i cant. im sure someone can though

Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Westiedog
As the title states I am new here first post new. I recently purchased a 2001 Honda F4I it has no exhaust on it no midpipe or anything. It has a Power commander iii usb in it. It is cutting out at some points coming to a stop and turning off. It also has terrible low end power. So i am trying to purchase an exhaust i found this one on ebay
Honda CBR600 F4i 2001-2006 DS70 Carbon Exhaust Muffler | eBay
I was wondering if anyone has experience with these exhausts or if you could help me find a power commander file that would suit this exhaust. OOOOOrrr if anyone thinks there is a better/cheaper alternative for an exhaust. Remember i have no mid pipe i believe it is called were the header ends Pretty much running an open header....... All Help is appreciated thank you and as always ride safe.
your low end problem is likely worsened or caused by the lack of backpressure because you have no baffle/exhaust.
i would not suggest that one you selected, because throw on 100 more bucks and you can find a decent brand like 2bros, DnD, etc.

if you are short on cash, i suggest getting a used slipon, and repacking,

Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
your low end problem is likely worsened or caused by the lack of backpressure because you have no baffle/exhaust.
i would not suggest that one you selected, because throw on 100 more bucks and you can find a decent brand like 2bros, DnD, etc.

if you are short on cash, i suggest getting a used slipon, and repacking,
I have a limit of $200 I need a midpipe for i do not have one so just getting a slip on wouldnt work unless there is a mid pipe. Even if i did have the money to get a 2bros or a another name brand i would most likely end up cutting it down to a nine inch can or something similar. Also why would you not suggest the one i found? Thank you for the quick response.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Westiedog
I have a limit of $200 I need a midpipe for i do not have one so just getting a slip on wouldnt work unless there is a mid pipe. Even if i did have the money to get a 2bros or a another name brand i would most likely end up cutting it down to a nine inch can or something similar. Also why would you not suggest the one i found? Thank you for the quick response.
you can get your own midpipes or make one fairly cheap.
i see em on ebay for 20 bucks at at autozone 2" for a few bucks.

why i suggested a name brand is because of the backpressure and because of its sound.
those cheaper pipes might not be made for your bike and possibly lack even the minimum amount of pressure you need.
i could "make" you one of those for about 100 bucks, just saying.
you would be happier if you got a used one, drill out the rivets and repack it.
boom, brand new amazing sounding exhaust.

you can make it go anywhere, even under your tail.