General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike, what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bike, what should I do?

I just bought a 2005 cbr600rr, this is my first bike, and I was wondering is there anything I should do before the riding season comes around? It has 2500 miles on it, and I bought it from ebay... It is in excellent shape, no scratches or anything else I can notice. What I was wondering is what should I check when I get around to going through the bike?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Default RE: New bike, what should I do?

You really mean 2,500 miles?

If so, then, tire pressures, oil &filter change, fill the tank and wait for riding season.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With that low milage..I kinda doubt that you really need to do anything. Just check the condition of the tyres (for wear) maybe the guy did a massive burnout before handing over the keys. Check the chain for correct tightness/lube.
Just do a check on the lights, blinkers to see if all is ok & Bobs your Aunty.
Congratulations by the way, happy & safe riding

Old 01-18-2008, 08:28 AM

Change oil and filter and check the chain for proper tension. You may also want to make sure the clutch and brake levers are adjusted to your liking. You won't be able to check them for use until you actually ride, so take it easy.

yea, and fill the tank full so no water can condense in there and rust anything.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:06 AM

after you do what these previous post say to do,

SQUID IT OUT!!

Buy an aftermarket exhaust, some chrome rims, Farbon Ciber mirros blinkers and levers, colored foot pegs, stickers, crazy colored windscreen, ABSOLUTLY no performance mods at all, and just sit back and relax and enjoy your SQUIDLYNESS hahah,

Old 01-18-2008, 09:20 AM

uhh, learn to ride. In all seriousness, I wouldnt do a thing to the bike other than change oil, check tires, trickle charge battery,maybe fill'er up with gas but- rust in the tank isnt as much as an issue as it used to be.Go buy the best gear you can afford. helmet, gloves and a jacket at bare minimum. then buy a couple of good books, a good starter book (although I hate the book) is Lee Parks total control, then move on up to sport riding techniques. During this time you should also look at MSF courses, andif you have a track in your area, sign up for a beginners track day.

Then, once you have done all that, you can consider yourself a rider, and treat yourself to some carbon fiber bits

Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 AM

i almost forgot get some NEONS, lol
but get some weird off color that doesn't match your bike, like green, fora red and black bike.

haha

Just remeber as long as your hanging out ina praking lot at the beachyou dont need gear(shorts and sandels will be fine), but make sure you get the most graphic helmet to strap to the side. You dont want your tail section getting scratched.

Dont forget the SQUID rule #1
Make alot of noise at stop signs too so everyone looks at you!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 AM

good for you man. i got my 2004 600RR with 2300 miles on it last year. Get your gear, check your tires and lights and get out there and go! Have fun!

Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 AM

SQUID RULES #2
ride around town in a real low gear so it makes your bike sound louder! (again more people will look at you)

i am gonna make up a whole thread of squid rules i think.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: sweetdeal

SQUID RULES #2
ride around town in a real low gear so it makes your bike sound louder! (again more people will look at you)

i am gonna make up a whole thread of squid rules i think.
So you are not only going to be the president, but also a client?