General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need to remove top tripple tree? help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010 | 09:07 AM
|
Default need to remove top tripple tree? help!!!

bike was solen and ignition cut off now i have the new tripple tree and ignition but i cant get the old one off. its a 2007 honda cbr 600rr and has 2 big nuts on bottom with 2 smaller blue nuts on top of those then a little pin in the middle that looks like a flathead screw driver would fit.

ive lossen the big nut on one side and now the suspentions real soft but no matter how i turn the blue nut and middle pin thing it locks up and i get stuck any help would b great Thanx!!!!

Old 02-01-2010 | 11:15 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Moved to General Tech. How-to section is for you to tell us how to do something.

Old 02-01-2010 | 03:42 PM

any pics.of what you are dealing with?

Old 02-02-2010 | 04:49 AM

Those two big nuts on top are your suspension adjustment and don't get touched. You will need to loosen up the allen bolts on the side of clamp. they are near the clip ons. Then, there is one big nut in the center of the triple clamp, that gets loosened up to remove the top triple clamp. If your bike has a steering damper on it, you will have to remove it to get the center nut. I can't remember if 07 600's had them or not.

For warning, you will probably have to support your bikes front suspension as you do this otherwise your forks can shift and may allow your bike to tip over. I suggest taking two rachet straps, hooking them into the frame of the bike and put slight tension on the straps. In fact, I would put enough tension so the bike is not resting on the kickstand, but is vertical.

Also, if your original triple clamp was not damaged, and only the ignition was, you simply drill out the bolts for the ignition and replace them.