General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help!! Dead Bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
Why could it? What's the difference between the bike charging it's own battery and a car charging it for a few minutes. I've never understood this thoery and have never had anyone explain it logically.
Please don't scare monger.
Jumping a battery, as long as it's the same voltage system, is not going to do any harm. How the hell can it?
http://www.shadowriders.org/faq/jumpstarting.html

Old 05-08-2011, 05:45 PM

^^^ what he said

Old 05-08-2011, 06:01 PM

CTcbr929 , you were telling someone on another thread the same thing ,,to get rid of their bike ,,thats not cool and a bit rude,,alot of older bikes have less expense than the new fuel injected bikes and are way easy to repair ,,a bike with 13,000 miles is nothing .
Its not helpful telling people to get rid of there bike at repair time . That doesn't help someone looking for advice .

Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
Don't listen to that noise. The F2 is a great bike as long it has been maintained properly. And in all honesty, they don't require much more attention than a newer fuel injected bike. 10 years from now, all of the current fuel injected bikes that have been neglected will be in the same situation, only you won't be able to fix them as easy. Those bikes shouldn't have problems everyweek. If you band aid the issues, then you will. If you get the bike where it should be and fix things properly, you will have many miles of trouble free riding. All bikes, no matter what year tend to have certain common issues. the F2 would be the rectifier. and of course since its carbed, keeping the carbs clean. But thats about it.

As for the original problem. It sounds like you may have just run out of gas. did you switch the tank to reserve? If you have gas and it died, it could be a rectifier issue, but since it cranked and wanted to start, I would lean towards something else. The clicking is just the battery dead. It does sound like you blew the main fuse though during the jump start. And yes, using a running car can be very bad on the system. It doesn't mean you did any damage, but it certainly could have.

check those things and report back.
so i charged the battery for about ten hours( the new one) and this mornin changed the fuses(including the main one) and put the new battery in and still nuthing...where should i go from here..

Last edited by btown2389; 05-09-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 AM

turns out that there was another fuse inside the connector where the battery.... got it runnin..thanks for the help every one

Old 05-09-2011, 01:57 PM

EXCELLENT!! Its alway's good to have a happy ending . I'd still check the voltage reg/rectifier ,it wouldn't hurt to check it out , better safe than sorry with killing another battery. Seems that was the original problem with the battery going dead?
Great to hear you got 'er back up and running! Ride safe!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 AM

I'm going to get. One from a Suzuki and change it just in case..since there notorious for going bad