General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loss of power then dies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy loss of power then dies?

ok i was on the freeway today goin bout 70 when my bike started to slowly lose power and then eventually killed over fully had to pull over and give it a second before it would fire back up and run but then did it again couple of miles later. what would cause this and its also gotten louder as far as the exhaust and theres this kinda clicking sound while its running but it has plenty of oil and there arent any leaks except a little gas but hardly any?????????

Last edited by joker6801; 05-12-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-12-2010, 01:56 AM

Bad gas? problems with fuel lines? is that a carb bike (sorry cant tell).

do you ride frequently? has this baby been in storage? cleaned carbs recently?

slowly losing power sounds like a fuel or carb problem. does this problem occur at lower speeds or only higher speeds? It could be that perhaps your carb is unable to give the correct mixture that is needed at high speeds/open throttle.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Talking

yeah its a carb bike its a 94 cbr 600 f2. thanks for the info i drained the tank and took the fuel lines off and blew air through them to see if they were clogged and then put it all back together and it started up just fine this morning and rode good rest of the day but i think i do need my carbs cleaned ! i also noticed while the tank was off the original owner did some of his own wiring but didnt bother spliceing the wires he just bunched them up together and taped them i redid them so dont know if having all those bare wires touching was doing anything but like i said ran good today thanks alot!
one more question for you if i wanted to swap my tail out for a single seater which one would be good to go with that would still fit on my stock frame work?

Old 05-12-2010, 10:08 PM

dude i am happy when bikes run properly, congratz.
So it was the gas tank/fuel lines? It is a good thing you cleaned them. I would recommend using Seafoam (http://www.seafoamsales.com/) to help with the cleaning of the gas tank, carbs, and fuel lines.

The wiring of the previous owner is most likely not the reason your bike was running poorly. But I suck at the electric side of things and so you should post a picture for the engineers on here.

You are looking for a single seat conversion? But what if a hot chick wants a spin? I've always wanted the single seat look but I can never find one for my 97 F3.

Lucky bastard here you go: http://www.titebike.com/sa/p/MAIER_A..._91-96_BLK.htm

Not a single seat conversion but I think it looks hOt. This is much simpler and just in case a girl comes by you can take it off.

But here is some minimal info on the f2 seat conversion: https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...eat+conversion

I've seen many posts regarding the F3 tail conversion but know little about F2 seats. Sorry bro take care

Old 05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Talking

lol yeah the only chik that would get on my bike is my wife lol and i scared her the first time on it so that she would stay off cus then if she rode it she would wanna try to make it look good according to her taste so yeah a single seat will work for me !