General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED BLINKER QUESTION???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED BLINKER QUESTION???

hey yall..i got an 06 cbr 600rr..and just put in some led turn signals..and ran into some few problems and looked on here and found a way to wire them..but i need some more info...the lights come with a yellow and black wire...but the wries from the bike have 3 orange,orange/red, and green on the left side and blue, blue/white and green on the right..sooo on each side i i connected the ornages to the yellow.. then the black to the green...and the same for the right side......but when i turn the bike on the signals are just on..and when i choose left our right the dont really blink..they kinda flash real fast if u look closely...i was wondering if anyone knows how to properly get the leds turn signals to work right..a QUICK REPLY WOULD BE NICE OR A LINK TO SOME INSTRUCTIONS..thanks

Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Default RE: LED BLINKER QUESTION???

All LED signals blink faster. No way around it without resistors. Don't wire up both orange and orange/stripe to the red. Just solid color to solid color. The stripe is for the running lights. LED = No running Lights unless you add diodes. On my bike, the striped wires aren't connected to anything. Just insulated into nothingness.

Running light mod (what you have, minus diodes)

Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 PM

what is the diodes?? so if i undo the one with the white stripe(the runing light) then they wont be on with our activating the signals right?

and they appear to be flashing/glowing rapidly once i hit left or right but not blinknig normally...so if i wire them like that then it shoudl work??

Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM

and where could i find some resisters?? thanks

Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ The quick way to get them is to go to Autozone. They have the LED resistors where they have all the light bulbs at. If you want smaller versions, you can order them online.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: six00RR

what is the diodes?? so if i undo the one with the white stripe(the runing light) then they wont be on with our activating the signals right?

and they appear to be flashing/glowing rapidly once i hit left or right but not blinknig normally...so if i wire them like that then it shoudl work??
Bingo. If you undo the stripe wire and hook up red to orange (or red to blue), you won't have running lights, and your turn signals will operate normally (well, except for the fact they aren't running lights... and blink faster). I like the fast blinking. A fast blinking light gets more attention than a slow blinking light.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM

haha I like the short circuit=bad

Old 10-27-2008, 05:10 AM

I agree with FLYOU, I like the faster blinking as well. It does get you noticed easier than the slow blink of the stock bike. The strobe effect really attracts attention from other drivers.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 AM

lockheart phillips sells a plug and play relay specifcally for LED turn signals...and comes in all the brands of bikes...so get the Honda one and it will fit the plug

29 or 39 bucks....10 minute swap...pull fairing unplug...plug....reinstall fairing.....DONE

Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM

haha thas prolly wat ill end up doing..i called my autozone/advanced auto parts etc..and nobody seemed to know wat i was talkin about..then i got smart and called a bike shop and they said u have to have a modulator or somthing..so i think thas the same thing as the plug and play..thanks for yalls help

Quick Reply: LED BLINKER QUESTION???