General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe Rocket Ballistics

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Rocket Ballistics

Just bougt a ballistics jacket off ebay and I gotta say im disappointed. The arms of the jacket feel too loose and bulky- not very comfortable. there are the sewn in pads as well as the removable pads. It just feels like a lots. I ordered an xl because of my chest size but im thinking of should of gone large... Anyone else have a review on this jacket or the same problem?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah...that's the down about buying sizing online...unless you know for sure, every name brand fits differently.

What's size chest are you when hold your breath? I'm a 43/44....I order the Joe rocket (Large) Ballistic mesh jacket by mistake...I'm usually a XL. Amazingly, the Large fits me...I'm so surprised, so this mean Joe Rocket Ballistic mesh jacket comes more loosely?

Then laterly, I order the ICON Overlord XL and it fits me perfect! Not loose at all. Tight but not too tight. At first, the ICON feel little tight around the neck, because my shoulder brawd from weight lifting, but after a few time wearing jacket, it mould to your body guess...

So I love the ICON more than Joe.

What you want to do is don't wear you Joe any more, then try to resell it on eBay as New without tag because size don't fit. I don't know how much you spent purchasing it, but you'll take a lost, then rebuy.

Or you can save the jacket for colder riding, get the inside zip on linen vest, and wear a T-shirt + long sleeve garment, then jacket. For sure it'll fit more snugly with the extra layers underneath for cold weather.

As for my Joe large, I only use it for HOT weather riding. The Large barely fit me straight up w/o the zip on linen, just a thin T-**** or tank top. If I wear a thicker shirt or long sleeve, then jacket is too tight, make me look fat.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM

well the jacket fits fine chest/waist wise. arms are a little loose though. the large would have fit great i think. Im a 45/46 chest wise. I got it off ebay for like 55 shipped. I have it on CL for $50 and have had a few interested in it. I got an ICON ARC of ebay for $65 shipped on its way though.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:38 AM

Well as far as eBay experience goes and even general sizing for moto jackets, I've noticed buy only one size higher than what your t shirt size is. Usually works for me.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ahhhh...that's a great price so you'll be fine...ain't taking much of a loss...you'll like the ICON better...

Originally Posted by hss2010
well the jacket fits fine chest/waist wise. arms are a little loose though. the large would have fit great i think. Im a 45/46 chest wise. I got it off ebay for like 55 shipped. I have it on CL for $50 and have had a few interested in it. I got an ICON ARC of ebay for $65 shipped on its way though.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:14 AM

If you want to ship it I'll buy it of you! XL should fit me pretty well and I've been looking for a ballistics Rocket jacket.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:52 AM

its lime green if you want it, but I do have a local buyer. if he doesnt take it you can have it if you still want it.