General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas to Eliminate the Fender?

Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas to Eliminate the Fender?

I have a 2007 CBR 1000rr and for my birthday, my wife got me the Clear Alternatives integrated light assembly and a swing-arm license plate bracket. So I just installed the integrated lights and they llok and work great. The rear fender (license plate holder and turn signals) are now gone. However, if I take the next step and put the swing-arm license plate bracket on, I'm now afraid I'll be breaking New York State law by not having a light on my plate, so I may return the swing-arm bracket. Any thoughts on this and the law? Does anyone have any ideas for anything else to hold the plate (lighted) that looks good and is easy to install?
Thank you!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to ebay and get the bolts with the LEDs in them for like 15 bucks.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Thanks Johnnyx. I didn't know they had bolts with the LEDs pointing out the side, that looks pretty good. You're giving me some ideas here for other stuff on the bike! Is that pic on your post a pic of your bike? That looks awesome! being more visible at night can't be a bad thing! Nonetheless, I have decided to go with a tag bracket and light assembly (attached to bottom of battery tray) that I got on Ebay from Sportbikelites.com, and I returned the axle mounted bracket I had bought.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Absoultely. I did it after I replaced those ugly snail-eye turn signals with flushmounts, and realized it caused me to lose my running lights. I ride pretty much exclusively at night, so this was a no brainer. Takes a bit of planning and an artistic eye to figure out where all the lights should go (not to mention all the freakin wires!), but once it's done, it's pretty cool. Here's the one you want:

http://www.electotronics.com/streetg...t-neoblue.aspx

Be sure to check with local laws. Some states don't allow any additional lights on a vehicle beyond what's required. My state sure doesn't allow them, but I've blasted past cops with these on and never had anyone chase me down. I think it's one of those thigns they'll "also" write you up for if they happen to catch you donig something else. It's an equipment violation, not "moving," so it doesn't affect your driving record or deduct points.

Last edited by johnnyx; 08-11-2009 at 10:36 AM.