General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think it's electrical

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think it's electrical

I recently got my01600Fiback after it spent 3 months sitting in a garage and 2 months in a shipping container. After filling all the fluids and reconnecting my battery and charging it, it won't start. It sounds like something electrical is arcing, but I can't find any loose connections. The sound is coming from around the battery tray. At first when I turned the key to the on position, the display lit up like normal, but when I hit the starter it blanked out and made the noise. After fiddling around to find the problem, I retried starting it, and the same thing happened but then the tachometer started going crazy and the needle was going back and forth repeatedly. I turned it off and havent tried again. Anybody have any clue what this might be caused by, or where I can start to fix it. I have to have it running by next week or it will be a month before I can take the MSF course again(I'm in the military so I have to provide the bike at my overseas MSF course). Also, there's a wire harness between the two harnesses for the computer box above the battery, it's only 2 wires, but I don't remember where it goes. I don't remember plugging it into anything though. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think it's electrical

it sounds like the battery is just too dead to take a charge. had it happen to me. try jumping it off with a car that is NOT running. if all you battery terminals are tight then i would think it to be the battery itself. some of the newer hondas have that plug with 2 wires in it but it goes nowhere. i think it is like a diagnostic connector. give a new battery a shot.