General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I found a solution to noob bailouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I found a solution to noob bailouts

Ok, so while im sitting at home drooling over everyones cbr's I thought about the problem of new riders buying brand new bikes and then crashing them (and all that expensive plastic) and I believe I thought of a way to atleast lessen the damage done to the bike during a fall.

REMOVING THE FAIRINGS AND VARIOUS PANELS
...and getting frame sliders

atleast removing the panels for a few weeks to get used to the bike. So now im sure there must be faults to this plan..discuss ^_^

Old 05-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Default RE: I think I found a solution to noob bailouts

well that's not a bad idea if you don't mind riding around without fairings for a while

Old 05-24-2006, 11:43 PM

I was told a while ago to do that. But i hate the look of a naked bike. So i just left mine on.

J

Old 05-25-2006, 04:23 AM

I'd rather scrape the plastic frame than all the important stuff that it covers and protects...I think[:-]

Old 05-25-2006, 04:45 AM

The best solution is to buy a cheap cheap bike to ride on for a couple of months, then upgrade.

I had an 84 nighthawk 450, paid about $500, and it was great. My first drop came in a parking lot, when I forgot to put the kickstand down (I told myself it was very common..hehe)

Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 AM

Yeah i agree with mandosgreat.

I started on a Kawasaki Ninja 250cc, then got a YZF 600, then a brand new 06 CBR. No way would i have started with anything new haha.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:52 AM

i started new, no problems knock on wood. its all in the mind, in other words CONTROL yourself! lol dont be that guy in that one video reving the engine as he was driving off the parking lot and dumped it.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:14 PM

Some people can start with a new bike, and display great control and more importantly respect for their bike and never drop it (due to their error), while others will get a new bike and ride it as if they'd been riding for years (and drop it).

It's ultimately ALWAYS up to the rider, regardless of your bike. All bikes are fast, relative to cars. And the potential to drop a bike when your a beginner is there as well, regardless of what you ride.

I've seen people who started on R1's and 954's and they did ok, in fact some are better riders than me. I just think, just like you wouldn't want a 17 year old's first car to be a new corvette, perhaps it wouldn't be good for a new rider to have a new bike (especially a liter bike). More important than rashed fairings, is the prevention of injury, and our bikes don't have airbags.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone thought about the heat/ burn protection that the fairings provide?

Old 05-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Anyone thought about the heat/ burn protection that the fairings provide?
true this, i know when i am test riding my bike around my parking lot after maintenance, i usually have the plastics off still and man its alot hotter than when they are on. gotta watch out for all that hot metal.

Quick Reply: I think I found a solution to noob bailouts