General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help. please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm echoing what pimpin said above, but bonded titles aren't in all states - no option in Louisiana, I think the option is rarer than some people think. OP - call the Fla. DMV and tell them you bought a motorcycle w/o a title, and need to know if you can do a bonded title with just a notarized bill of sale. If they say that there is no bonded option in your state, ask them what other options you have with just a notarized bill of sale. (Use that terminology, that's the best you're probably going to be able to do in this situation - If you don't have a notarized bill of sale - then that's something you'll have to work out on your own - but it's amazing how easy things like that are to find if you look)

You might be better off looking for a privately owned title transfer company (personal business). Again - I don't know if these exist in Fla. but in Louisiana they're easy to find - they are licensed by the state to title/register/license vehicles just like the DMV. Since they are making a little profit off their rates, they might be more inclined to work with you on figuring this out, than the govt. employee across the counter @ the DMV.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also - not sure what year your 900 is, but looking on ebay - most years of 900 frames are selling in the $300 - 600 range, and looking at the auctions, very few of these advertise they come with a title. A coulpe do have titles w/ them - if you can verify they have clean VIN's sell the extra frames to make some cash, and buy a new frame that has a clean title w/it and swap everything over. You might be able to just about break even on the deal.