General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to get more power

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get more power

hey,
im lookin at buyin a stock 2nd hand CBR250R and the guy im lookin at buyin it of told me that it does bout 190km/h screaming at peak revs whats the cheapest and easiest way to make it bust threw that 200km/h mark??

Old 12-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: how to get more power

So you're saying it'll do 118mph and you want it to do 124mph? Is this a 2 stroke motor? He'd have to prove it to me with a GPS -- I just don't see those numbers happening unless that motor already has some work done to it.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Muz

Its a 4 stroke, redlines a 19000rpm. My 250rr only had a pipe and it would do 195km on the speedo. No matter what I did I couldn't get to 200km though. I'm sure its possible to get to 200kms but I can't help you with mods to get it there.

Cootie I would recommend the 250rr for a first road bike I learnt alot on mine. There good fun and one of the faster 250 4 strokes. I'm quite sure if I had of jumped straight onto 600 I would be one of the guys telling you EVERYONE comes off thier bike and as of yet I haven't.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:15 AM

yeh ever since i was a young whiper snapper i have always wanted a 250RR for sum odd reason. and after seeing my bro in law on his...he would flog the .... outta it and it would still work perfectly fine for him day in day out. i been riding dirt bikes since i was 9 and im 16 almost 17 now so i have learnt to keep my balance lol. yeh i was just wondering what mods would push it past that magic 200km/h mark. thats my goal for this bike to make it look as nice as it can and to get it past the 200 km mark.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Retired Administrator

You have a lot of years on two wheels... I know the easiest way to break that 200kph mark, it's called a 600RR.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:34 AM

yeh but im not legally aloud to ride a 600RR until i get my open licence wen im 20 or whenever it is. so ill just stick to modding up this 250RR wen i get it if anyone could tell me whats the best performance products to put in there it would be greatly appreciated thx

Old 12-17-2005, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

So you're saying it'll do 118mph and you want it to do 124mph? Is this a 2 stroke motor? He'd have to prove it to me with a GPS -- I just don't see those numbers happening unless that motor already has some work done to it.
I don't see why you doubt the speed of the bike. It could easily do that speed. It's all about gearing. He could have changed sprockets, you never know. It's possible to get the bike to 200mph if he really wanted, and had a long enough stretch of flat road to do it on. It might take forever, but it can be done... with the help of different sprockets...

Old 12-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Retired Mod

were these bikes ever available in the united states? i don't think they were, never seen or heard of them before but i really like the way they look. would be great for my girlfriend's first bike (currently shopping)

Old 12-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 01CBRF4i

I don't see why you doubt the speed of the bike. It could easily do that speed. It's all about gearing. He could have changed sprockets, you never know. It's possible to get the bike to 200mph if he really wanted, and had a long enough stretch of flat road to do it on. It might take forever, but it can be done... with the help of different sprockets...
Claimed top speed on the little beasties is 165km/h which is a smidge over 100mph. The actual redline is 18K rpm and the bike goes 100km/h at 9K rpms. Theoretical max speed is 200km/h at 18K rpm. Power is rated at 40HP. Different sprockets just aren't gonna help unless you throw it off a cliff first. It's the fastest stock 250cc built on the planet but it just isn't a top speed beasty.

Don't trust the speedo -- they're optimistic to say the least. If you really gotta hit that 200mark loose a bunch of weight and hit it with NOS and capture it on GPS or radar. I'm sure your BIL saw 195km/h on the speedo but since Honda only claims 165km/h as top speed I think actual speed was a bit slower -- or he was going down a monster hill.

Having said all that -- it looks like a great bike for farting around on and learning to ride. Wish they were available here -- bet ya can get 60mpg easy on the buggers. Let us know when ya get the "baby blade" and post up some pics.

Here's a write-up I found on the 250RR:

The 'Babyblade', as it's colloquially known, has become one of our favourite quarter litre bikes over the years. It has lots of performance, with civilised road manners that allow the learner to come to terms with its considerable performance.

HISTORY
The Babyblade started arriving in this country in small numbers as a grey import until Honda MPE took up the challenge and added it to the corporate brochure.

UNDER THE SKIN
The heart is a high-stepping liquid-cooled four-stroke four, with four valves per pot, that revs to a scary 18,000rpm. It's matched to a six-speed gearbox, twin alloy spar frame and a monoshock rear suspension set-up.

Starting: Simple, but ride it gently for the first couple of kays so it gets a chance to warm up properly.
Suspension: Quite basic ? minimalist forks, and a monoshock with adjustment for spring preload only.
Brakes: Twin discs up front with two-piston calipers, and a single-pot caliper on the rear disc.
Stability: Usually exceptional. We've ridden several examples and they have generally been fast-steering (a little flighty at speed) though entirely predictable. The 9000-plus-km test bike (that's a lot of miles for a demo) felt less precise than we're used to with this model. Fiddling with the tyre pressures and steering head bearing tension would be the first ports of call then, maybe, a change of rubber.
Cornering clearance: How much would you like? You're only likely to touch down on a race track.
Performance: More than enough to be exciting, with a genuine 160-plus kmh on tap. It's delivered in a linear fashion, leaving all the decisions to the rider. It takes 4000rpm to get moving in a reasonable way, 6000rpm for serious urge, while 100kmh translates as 9000rpm in top.
Rider comfort: Quite good, despite the sporty ride position. Long rides can be uncomfortable, though a one-day play in the hills is well within the satisfied zone. Seat padding is fairly thin and suspension spring rates high, which is the price you can expect to pay for a serious sporting tool.
Pillion comfort: Forget it. The pillion perch is too high, with footpegs that are bordering on fiction.
Vibration/harshness: There's an ever-present vibration happening, but t's not intrusive.
Finish: Average. No clear spray over the decals, though the fairing fit is good.
Looks: Aggressive, colourful and distinctive. Nothing subtle about it.
Extras: The Dunlop K510 sport radials fitted to our bike were premium kit, with lots of grip. We wonder if they c

Old 12-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Muz

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Claimed top speed on the little beasties is 165km/h which is a smidge over 100mph.
Maybe the honda test riders didn't have the throttle open all the way? [sm=joke.gif]
When I was maxing out mine I was almost redline in 6th thats when it was saying 195km on the speedo. Actual top speed might only be 160 but it will easliy goes past 160 on the speedo.

Quick Reply: how to get more power