General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The honda civic of sport bikes???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The honda civic of sport bikes???

"squid" applies to a wide range of guys that generally give sportbikers a bad name. this can be the guy that thinks its cool to ride in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops, and substitutes a backwards baseball hat for helmet. it can also be the guy that thinks its awesome to do wheelies on public roads in heavy traffic. or the guy that spends more time standing next to his bike at hooter's bike night than actually riding it. the best example of a squid i've ever seen was a group of riders, wearing minimal gear, doing stand-up wheelies in heavy traffic....IN THE RAIN

Old 04-05-2006, 01:06 AM

I guess it's open to interpretation, but I think it a safe general definition would be a bad/unsafe rider.

Examples:

A rider who rides with flip-flops
A rider who rides (for long distance, or not on their street block) with a muscle shirt.
A rider who rides without a helmet
A rider who can only go fast in a straight line
A rider who who performs stunts in a dangerous environment (ie - the freeway)

Old 04-05-2006, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Opie21

"squid" applies to a wide range of guys that generally give sportbikers a bad name. this can be the guy that thinks its cool to ride in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops, and substitutes a backwards baseball hat for helmet. it can also be the guy that thinks its awesome to do wheelies on public roads in heavy traffic. or the guy that spends more time standing next to his bike at hooter's bike night than actually riding it. the best example of a squid i've ever seen was a group of riders, wearing minimal gear, doing stand-up wheelies in heavy traffic....IN THE RAIN
Hehe..you and me Opie, you and me. On the same page. Funny I didn't see your post til I was done with mine. But yea, we're both saying the same thing.

Just don't be a squid if you can help it (or make sure none of us see you [sm=bustedsign.gif]

hehe

Old 04-05-2006, 03:17 AM

Hi all there and THIRDGENLXI !

I have my new 2006 F4i but was also thinking buy a gixxer 750 ( I like it and his 148 HP ), I want to know because in my country is not any , is the rider position so bad aggresive ?

I ask because I am 50¨ and don´t want to kill my back and hands yet !

Thanks in advance

Jorge

Old 04-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Part of the reason you see more gixxers around, i believe, is because suzuki (at least around here) doesn't require the rider/buyer to carry full coverage insurance if you finance the bike through them. Last time i checked, neither did yamaha. Honda on the other hand, if you finance through them, you must carry full coverage. Therefore its easy for some squid to go out and finance a new R1 or R6 when they don't have to carry anything but liability---or even no insurance, for that matter.

Just my 2 cents.

-Adam

Old 04-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i agree with isolated. suzuki basically issues you a credit card and charges the bike on it(along with everything else they can get you to) they dont hold the bike as collateral so they dont require you to carry coverage of any kind. When i went to look at bikes before i bought, i sat on a lot of bikes at the dealer. IMO the GSX-R 1000 was the most comfortable(no 600's on floor) the yamaha and hondas seemed too uncomfortable(having a cbr now i may change my mind in the future), have not been back on a GSX-R since then.

Down here is San Antonio there are bikes of all kinds everywhere. I see lots of GSX-Rs but i see alot of RR's and F4is too. rarely a R1 or R6. Come to think of it, there are ALOT of Busas down here. I see more busas than GSX-Rs. Like i said, decent amount of CBRs, its good to have brothers in arms!

Old 04-06-2006, 07:24 PM

Yeah i just went to the first "bike night" of the year around here. Never really payed attention at the Gixxers around here. After reading this thread and looking around at bike night, i'd say that about 75% of the sportbikes there were Gixxers. So it's the same thing here in North Carolina. I'll keep my honda!