General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The honda civic of sport bikes???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The honda civic of sport bikes???

For the last few days I have been riding, I have noticed that every second bike I see is a GSXR?
In no way am I trashing the GSXR its just seems that everyone and their mother is riding one. Is it the same in your area? My wife comes home from work and said that there were a lot of bikes out today but there all GX'ers and my friend said the same thing, so I know its not just me. Are the GX'ers the new Honda civic of sport bikes? (Meaning everyone has one)

Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Default RE: The honda civic of sport bikes???

here in reno it is the same way. i see alot of r6's, but mostly see gsxrs.. maybe they are cheap?

Old 04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody and their mother (and aunts and nephews and cousins too) DOES have a GSX-R... they're everywhere!!! [:-]

I see alot of Hondas too, but not as many as the Gixxers, but they also have a middleweight bike that Honda and Yamaha don't have, a 750cc, as well as the usual 600 and 1000cc's, so that kinda contributes to the higher population.

Same way here in SoFla!

Old 04-04-2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah, I saw a new GSXR today also, don't know what size it was. They are popular around here too. It seems as though 80-90% of the bikes around here are cruisers, mostly harleys. Don't see a whole lot of sportbikes in my area, but there are some.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:50 AM

Yea my buddy has a GIXER. I like the honda u don t see alot of them around where i live and i think its a lot better handeling bike i took my buddies and it just is a whole diff ride i think

Old 04-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Truckie973

Yea my buddy has a GIXER. I like the honda u don t see alot of them around where i live and i think its a lot better handeling bike i took my buddies and it just is a whole diff ride i think
Definitely different.... I've ridden my buddies '05 Gix 750 and it's definitely alot different from mine. Much more agressive seating position... I couldn't believe how high the footpegs were! hahah Real nice bike though, but damn twitchy throttle. Now I also ride my other buddies '04 RC-51 quite often, and WOW you want to talk about totally different ends of the spectrum!! COMPLETELY different from mine. Everytime I ride it I have to get used to it again... the gearing is waaaay longer, and it's a good deal heavier so it just doesn't turn in like mine does. I'm sure I'd get used to it but damn it feels so weird! [:-] Sweeeet *** bike tho!

Old 04-04-2006, 02:04 AM

Some of my friends have gixers too. They said they were easier to get financed.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:03 AM

its the exact same way here in CO. i think its because suzuki seems to have a more agressive marketing plan (or at least they used to). isn't their slogan "own the racetrack"? that right there is enough to snag somebody, who maybe hasnt done enough research, towards the Zuk brandname

Old 04-04-2006, 04:55 AM

here we have same thing.. Suzi's are 50% of sportbikes. Honda's are only maybe 10%. We have many Aprilia's, Ducati's.
Suzi's have the best price and service

Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 AM

well same here in socal there are alot of gsxrs here but who cares im glad i dont have a trendy bike it all comes down to the riders skill

Quick Reply: The honda civic of sport bikes???