General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIDs

Are they worth it on a bike?
My CBR 250R has a single bulb, are there any kits that will have high and low beam?

Old 07-17-2011, 11:59 PM

A lot will depend on if you have a clear lens or a patterned lens. If your lens is clear, you have the option of installing a bi-xenon hid projector. this will give you a high and low beam on the same projector, and yes, they are worth the investment.

I would not suggest installing a HID in a headlight that has was designed for a halogen bulb. The pattern that is emitted from the hid bulb will be scattered everywhere and will not really add too much to your visibilty, but will add a lot to blinding on coming traffic.

Some companies offer a bulb that has a shield that slides back and forth for the low and high beam. I have no idea if it works, but again, if your putting an hid into a halogen reflector, its light pattern will be scattered everywhere.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
A lot will depend on if you have a clear lens or a patterned lens. If your lens is clear, you have the option of installing a bi-xenon hid projector. this will give you a high and low beam on the same projector, and yes, they are worth the investment.

I would not suggest installing a HID in a headlight that has was designed for a halogen bulb. The pattern that is emitted from the hid bulb will be scattered everywhere and will not really add too much to your visibilty, but will add a lot to blinding on coming traffic.

Some companies offer a bulb that has a shield that slides back and forth for the low and high beam. I have no idea if it works, but again, if your putting an hid into a halogen reflector, its light pattern will be scattered everywhere.
I personally like being scattered cause blinded guy = he knows your there and sees you, i rather have a pissed off guy that notices I'm there than a guy who doesn't pay enough attention to a bike behind him... to each is own though =) I have the bi-xenons on my car from ddmtuning and they work great nice cheap no flickering strong light etc, i'd stick to the 35w not the 55 though 35 is bright as hell already, and ddm also offers lifetime warrenty.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 AM

awesome, thanks guys