General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey there!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey there!

Hey there guys, I'm Ryan, and I'm taking classes for automotive tech. And since I'll be graduating soon, my step father gave me his other bike since he never uses it. It is an 87 CBR 1000, pretty neat shape, and there was an issue with it not starting.

So I had another guy take a look at it since I'm more familiar with cars (don't know too much about a bike yet), and he said the fuel pump was bad. Well I was searching on google for an hour with no leads to even the existence of a fuel pump on this bike. Then I came across this forum....thank god! haha.

The guy said there was something else wrong with the bike too, and it would probably cost around $250 to get the parts and fix it. I'm just wondering if there is a place to get these parts online, because common places like ebay (even though i rarely trust em), and google have not given any luck...

Thanks guys!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Banned
Default RE: Hey there!

No pump, gravity fed from tank through the petcock. There should be a little 3 way valve thing to turn on the gas, turn off, and reserve.

There are alot of people on this site that can help, so you'll be fine.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Default RE: Hey there!

I'd search/hit up the CBR 1000F "Hurricane" Thread section. That area's more focused on this bike so you'd probably get more help there. Wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with that bike.

BTW, welcome to the boards!