General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help

still not sure exactly what bike he has.....

Old 11-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you just speak "alien" ..maybe I am somewhat more inebrieted than I thought ..lol

Jules

Old 11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

cheers ... I am in an attemp to throw some pics out for you... brb

no need to threaten ,me

Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Endless

cheers ... I am in an attemp to throw some pics out for you... brb

no need to threaten ,me

Did you really think I threatened you ..lol ..sorry is our humour so lost on your guys?? ..dont be a daftie!! ..I dont really want to knock you into the middle of next week ..maybe the middle of tomorrow will suffice ..lol ..oh crap!!, give it up Jules, you are an alien!! ..lol simply no one on this planet understands you anymore, give ...it ...up!!

Jules

Old 11-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board! See you have met the welcoming crew Sounds like you have been given some good advice on where to begin trouble shooting.

The idle adjustment **** : to increase RPM turn clockwise (in). Turn all the way in and back out 2-3 turns should get you in the ballpark.

If you know anyone with experience on bikes buy some beer and invite them over (beer AFTER fixes bike). Trouble shooting over the net is tricky at best.

good luck!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 AM

Ok...

the bike "was" running fine right??

if so...it is highly doubtful it is anything serious....

what is the history of the thebike?

did anyone performa any maintainence recently??

PM me....

Old 11-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

The bike was actually purchased from craigs list with the guy who i bought it from. He owned it for about a year and i met him and then get this: The Bike Got stolen! Well the reason i first started talking to this guy was because of the bike so when it was stolen we were both bummed out. Well it just so happens that a couple months later the bike was recovered by the five oh's and returned to him then i ran into him again. Well he was just pissed his ride was jacked and the condition he got it back in was just terrible. The theives destroyed most of the flarings and put some crappy cowhide seat on it and some of the electric was all messed with. They put some sort of funky hog style review mirrors on it and the only farings left are the cowl and the top front right and left which are also in bad condition.

I told him i would buy it from him and give it a whole new refurbishment. lol i know... I dont know a thing about bikes and i take on a project like this?

Well, anyway it has been a dream of mine for years now to get a bike and when this opportunity came along i had to jump on it.

The bike was running fine (kinda) He put a new ignition on it because the tweaker thieves wired up some monkey *** switch next to the tank. He even rode it over to my house with the Title.
So, i bought it and took it for a couple spins around the block and here we are.

The bike turns over but will not start.

From the begining of this thread i knew nothing about it... Now i have pulled some of it apart and put it back together and i am getting in touch with the basic fundamentals of the thing.
I have been pouring over the manual as well and i have been going through their processes on circulation and troubleshooting the problem of no starting. I have also been going through alot of your ideas on the possible problems.

Thankyou for the idle adjustment clue. That **** had me a little worried.

Heres a couple pics of me and the bike

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...ictures047.jpg

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...ictures050.jpg

Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, the 2nd pic I thought, WTF the bike is hangin off the wall Would prolly make an excellent street fighter candidate.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 AM

Ok...now it is becoming clear.....the bike does have serious issues

rule of thumb and this is unfortunately hind sight..NEVER buy a stolen/recovered bike.

you had the right idea about ripping it all apart and starting over.....which honestly I think you should do....be a good learning experience. find a bike shop...one that deals with the older hondas...and talk tot guys there.....if they are reputable they will help. go slow....its going to be very frustrating at first. But you obviously have the desire. lots of folks her can help...especially those in the F3 section...which seems to be where you bike falls.

after learning the history the problem could be ANYTHING. hell it could be the freakin tip sensor( I had that night mare once with a virago ..would die randomly....finally had it on a stand running...in first gear just idling...and I kicked the damned thing and it died....*the light went on*)