General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody...

Has anybody here tried to fabricate an upper fairing stay?

I got a set of fairings yesterday but I don't have a stay for them...and they're $230 from Honda, and I can't find any on CL or eBay for my bike. I am fine with making my own gauge bracket and everything, but I'm just wondering if there are any reasons not to do this safety wise...or any other reason?

If you've done it yourself, pointers/tips would be awesome too!

EDIT : Doesn't look like I'll need to do this anytime soon, the fairings the guy sold me don't even match up on my bike, not even close in most places. It sucks because I drove 8-9 hours to get them (down and back) and used up $75 in gas.

But I suppose it would be good to have this to look back on in the future if I end up with some fairings. So keep the answers coming.

Last edited by That Guy in Maine; 04-22-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Safety wise, I don't think there is any reason why not. If you're going to be putting a full set of fairings on, then I'd recommend the OEM fairing stay. Getting everything to line up correctly can be very challenging and time consuming. You can get it new for $169 plus shipping.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...where?