General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOSH DARN IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOSH DARN IT!!!

yea well got a 94 honda cbr f2 600 about a weeek ago..been dieing to take it out I know the guy crashed it back in 99..its been sitting ever since.last week..i changed brake fluid,spark plugs,air filter,flushed coolant,changed oil and everything else you can think of...but he well maintained the bike you can tell.he replaced the whole body..Well just now..i finaly got it out and took it down my alley for a test run..untill i notice I THINK THE FORK'S ARE BENT.its not straight.the wheel is cocked alil bit not much..but enough to tell its not straight...But the tire is straight..Hmmm..somethings not right..WTF!! sorry everyone i just had to vent.[:@]

Edited by KB: to make subject line more forum friendly

Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Default RE: GOD DAMMIT!

time to start looking at your forks alright. make sure they're even in the triple tree, and also check them for any bends or creases. if they are bent, you'll notice a crease in the back of the fork litrerally just below the bottom triple tree.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may just be sitting wrong in the triples, have a suspension shop give it a good looking over, not something to mess around with. Crashing sucks.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 AM

Well your forks could just be twisted in the tripples. Ive been there when replacing forks, a give away to bent forks is lookin straight down them. It theyr not straight ... then theyr not straight

The forks on my F4i were bent a lil and the guy before me pressed them back straight. I had my doubts, but the seals are still holding to this day and it rides straight.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, if they have only a slight bend (no wrinkling) then they can be straightened. If there is a crease I'd toss them for new ones. And I suppose they could be in the triple clamp a bit skew ... but you said the magic word ... CRASHED . Usually they get put in the clamps out of whack upon installation.

Pull the wheel and see where the forks try to go ... that will tell you much on the condition of your forks.

And stop swearing in the titles Good luck!

Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 PM

never cussGOD when fixin a bike-it olny makes things worse.btw ive seen several f2s being parted out in my area ill check and see if the forks are in good shape for ya.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 PM

sorry admin and everyone else i MAY have offended..Didnt mean nothing negative by the language i was just MAD!!now im not sure if the forks are bent or loose in the triple tree?...maybe they are loose all together..the first trip down the alley i didnt notice it..when i turned around to come back it seemed cocked?..is it possiable its loose in the triple tree?

Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Just stand in front of the bike and straddle the front tire with your legs, grab the bars and see if you can twist the forks in relation to the tire. If you have to adjust how the forks are sittin in the tripples, only loosen the lower tripple clamp.

Again, be sure to look down each fork to see if there is an obvious bend going on before messing around too much.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:22 PM

yep thats what it was just went out and solved the problem it just wasnt tight..its straight now..Wow that could of been bad at highway speeds..thats alot off my shoulders..thanks for everyone pointing it out it could be the triple..[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 PM

now i just gotta solve other problems hopefully they will go away as i drive it..for example throttle seems kinda choppy..maybe just from sitting..sitting since 99 today is the first day i started it..and the tires...DAM!! idk if its the bike,the cold tires..tires seeem to be in fair condition..but when i get on it..the whole back tire starts to Spin and it sends me in a fish tail..Scarey..

Quick Reply: GOSH DARN IT!!!