General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gated Communities.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gated Communities.

been like 3 day since i got my bike.. and one thing i have noticed, is .. evertime i try to exit the community.. 40% of the time the gate doesnt wanna open up for me... and sometimes when go backwords... at like a certain sweet spot.. it tends to open up.. that too... not always.. .

i ride a cbr f4... and im guessing the gate is magnetic... and not enough iron on the bike..

anything i can do about this?

---

also entering the gate... i need the remote... and its a huge hassle to dig through my pocket with my gloves on...and find it.. and open it up... especially with a long line behind me...

any inexpensive way around that?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Default RE: Gated Communities.

As for the sensor, you should either see a trigger on the ground like at stop lights, or you can get one of those magnets that help trigger the stop lights, but some claim they dounf work.

As far as the remote issue. I would put some velcro on the back and some on the top ot your speedo or the bottom of the windscreen or something that way when you drive up you can just hit the button. Thats what I do with my sunpass, except I dont have to hit a button. But with it where you can just with the button, it would be a lot easier to just drive up and go, IMO.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Move out of the Gated Community.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:43 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
There's the simple solution... why didn't you think of that on your own!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 PM

Hit the starter. and/or stop it and restart. Betcha it works

MDFF

Old 02-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least they didn't paint the "stop here" line too close to the gate at your place. I was at a friends house, pulled up to the line, gate opened and WHAP, smaked my front bumper (luckily I was in my car). I would have backed up if I would have seen it (messing with my iPod). But still.........DAMN THAT LINE!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: mdfirefighter

Hit the starter. and/or stop it and restart. Betcha it works

MDFF

why would that work?

Old 02-03-2007, 01:06 PM

I have heard that a way to set off the sensor would be to put down your kickstand, that might be able to get the magnets to recognize your bike.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:08 PM

For the remote, try this. This is what I did for my garage door opener.

https://cbrforum.com/m_149163/tm.htm

Old 02-03-2007, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

As for the sensor, you should either see a trigger on the ground like at stop lights, or you can get one of those magnets that help trigger the stop lights, but some claim they dounf work.

As far as the remote issue. I would put some velcro on the back and some on the top ot your speedo or the bottom of the windscreen or something that way when you drive up you can just hit the button. Thats what I do with my sunpass, except I dont have to hit a button. But with it where you can just with the button, it would be a lot easier to just drive up and go, IMO.
for getting out...if u do find the sensor, get on it as much as possible...and even if u dont...hit the starter...hitting the starter while its running wont ruin anything, and it will(should) provide enough of an electromagnetic charge to set off the sensor

and for getting back in...i agree w/ taping/velcroing it someplace easily accessed...either that, or, idk wat your remote looks like, but if u put it in an exterior pocket in a way u can just push the button through your jacket, that might work too