General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front and rear sprocket for wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 01:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front and rear sprocket for wheelie

What after market sprockets do I need for wheelies? I know I need a Front and back sprocket just which one? Is it something I can do by myself or take it to a shop??

Old 08-03-2023, 01:35 PM
Received 147 Likes on 128 Posts

Are we meant to guess what kind of bike you have?

Old 08-03-2023, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by rockpool
Are we meant to guess what kind of bike you have?
97 600 F3... Sorry I thought you were god of motorcycle forums n could read my mind my bad🤦‍♂️

Old 08-03-2023, 01:51 PM

You have 15/43 as standard - if you want more torque make the front smaller and the rear larger (or both).

13/42 or 14/45 would give you 10% more torque, 13/46 or 14/50 would give you 20%. You'll need a longer chain regardless

https://sprocketcalculator.com/

The following users liked this post:
StephenD (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 03:22 PM

You have 15/43 as standard - if you want more torque make the front smaller and the rear larger (or both).

13/42 or 14/45 would give you 10% more torque, 13/46 or 14/50 would give you 20%. You'll need a longer chain regardless

https://sprocketcalculator.com/
lol thanks. I just wasn't sure if someone had any links to there go to or favorite ones.. Also if I should do this if I plan on getting new tires soon🤷‍♂️ also is this something I can do myself on the bike? Or service?

Old 08-03-2023, 04:23 PM

Sorry, I have no idea if you have the mechanical skill to change your sprockets - it's not hard though. You will have to pull the rear wheel of course, and also join a chain. Both can be rather exciting if you put them back together incorrectly.

You have to pull the rear wheel to change the tire so that's a good time to do it. You can just take the wheel to get the tire installed, you don't have to take the bike and pay for removal/reinstall etc.

The following users liked this post:
StephenD (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 04:28 PM

Sorry, I have no idea if you have the mechanical skill to change your sprockets - it's not hard though. You will have to pull the rear wheel of course, and also join a chain. Both can be rather exciting if you put them back together incorrectly.

You have to pull the rear wheel to change the tire so that's a good time to do it. You can just take the wheel to get the tire installed, you don't have to take the bike and pay for removal/reinstall etc.
Any dumbass can follow step by step directions imo🤷‍♂️ if u cant then u probably a dumbass🤷‍♂️. I do my brakes. Oil. And plates. More or less I'm wondering of there are any special tools I'd require...other than a motorcycle jack and basic tools... Will finish the job💯💯

Old 08-03-2023, 04:32 PM

Both can be rather exciting if you put them back together incorrectly. {I CAN ONLY IMAGINE👀😂😂}

Ok yeah thank you that makes sense just pull the tire n have em change it the rubber.. I too wasn't trying to pay honda to do a bunch of extra ****🤦‍♂️

Old 08-09-2023, 06:30 PM

if my wheel won't come up at all in second would you suggest.... 10% torque increase or 20%.. I used the sprocket calculator and it said +10% torque = -10% speed and same for 20% torque and -20% speed to me -20% is a lot

Old 08-10-2023, 05:23 AM
Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenD
if my wheel won't come up at all in second would you suggest.... 10% torque increase or 20%.. I used the sprocket calculator and it said +10% torque = -10% speed and same for 20% torque and -20% speed to me -20% is a lot
All life is a compromise, if you want more torque for wheelies then you have less absolute top speed but I would ask how often you reach the redline in top gear?

Quick Reply: Front and rear sprocket for wheelie