General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First bike, needs to be lowered...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First bike, needs to be lowered...

so i just picked up a 06 honda cbr600rr for my first bike, now the only problem is i am a bit of height challenged. when i'm sitting on the bike only my tip toes touch the ground. just wondering what lowering kit or design i should pick up? and what to do for the front forks? thanks for the help.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:04 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I am tip toes and doing ok. If you are new to this bike, you might want to try it and see if you really want to lower it.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:16 AM

its my first bike, haven't really even fully rode it yet. but when i was moving it around i almost dropped her. iv ridden before but lowered and stretched bikes. id like to lower the rear a couple inches and the front, im not sure what kind of link or how low to go, and for the front forks i have no idea...

Old 05-28-2011, 12:25 AM

Shave the seat foam.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Shave the seat foam.
You cannot shave the seat on 600rr. Not much padding to start with so your legs will be spread wider of you do that and actually will lose some reach instead of gaining

Old 05-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
You cannot shave the seat on 600rr. Not much padding to start with so your legs will be spread wider of you do that and actually will lose some reach instead of gaining
So I guess that's already been tried, hahahaha.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to the dealer and get them to lower it. DONE

Old 05-28-2011, 12:21 PM

yeah i ordered the 2'' or 4'' link, im going to have the dealer install it and lower the front. would 4'' in the rear be too low?

Old 05-28-2011, 12:28 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
So I guess that's already been tried, hahahaha.
I didn't do it. Fortunately that's my sportbike shop told me when I was lowering mine. I was crying and begging them to make my bike lower more because this was my first bike and I didn't know nothing about anything. It is lowered somewhere in between 2~3 inches. You can shave the seat on gixxer but not cbr600rr.

Being tip toe makes you more aware of condition of street. Plus you can always stop on one leg. We've been having strong wind like gusts of 35+ here, and if 4'11" me can handle being tip toe, almost all guys should be able to handle.

When you riding, it doesn't matter anyway. If you are guy and want to ride like most guys are, you should worry about the ground clearance on your bike if you do lower it.

I have not drop my bike when I come to stop. And because I don't really want to stop, I am good at balancing in low speed and stopping with my feet up to certain extent. But either way, I always make sure I will stop at the side of the lane where my feet will not be in the hole.

My advise still remains as "Try it for a while and see if you really want to lower it"

Quick Reply: First bike, needs to be lowered...