General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback in lever

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback in lever

So I posted this in the 1000RR section. But then I figured I get more feedback on my feedback in here.... Its only done it a few times, but when I come to a stop I get feed back through my front brake lever. Feels like the lever is vibrating heavily. I dont notice anything else like the bike,the barsor the tire shaking. What could it be? I have to take the bike in for the recall so I was going to have them take a look.Thought Id ask you guys first.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Feedback in lever

How bad do you mean? When you mean come to a stop? If its a warped disc, you get a pulse feed back through the lever basically from the time you apply the brake. Depending on how bad this is (slightly warped to totally rooted) you can/will also get feed back through the bars.
If on the other hand, you mean, a slight pulse every now & then as you almost come to a stop, then this can be caused by the pads themselves (especially on low mile bikes or recently replaced pads) & crap (dust/dirt) on the disc.
Disc's can warp from heat, morons employed by bike shops that replace your tyres & a whack from say, hitting a decent pothole.
If you really concerned, then have them check your bike disc runout while its in the shop.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:17 AM

It has done it maybe four times. And its always near the end of the stop when the lever starts to vibrate. And continues till the bike has come to a complete stop. The Bike only has a little over 4k miles due to being very busy at work and not having any time to ride. I couldnt see the rotors being warped but I guess anything is possible.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:32 PM

I've got an 06 CBR1000RR too and it also does the same thing, only right before I come to a dead stop (doesn't happen all the time though). Everything on the front end is tight and the rotors look good. I've got about 6,000 miles on it and I think it's normal. Someone posted the same question in the 1000 forum awhile back and everyone had the same thing.