General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F4i UK to EU headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F4i UK to EU headlight conversion

Is it posible to change the beam direction from left to right in the UK headlight somehow without changing the whole headlight?

Old 04-10-2021, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

The bulbs and holders are the same part number from left to right. It seems that it would only be moving the wiring between left and right. Now, is there enough length to move the left wires to the right side and right to left, I don't know. I guess you'd just have to look at it.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:17 AM
Welcome crew
Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

AFAIK, you do not need to change the beam, the F4i has an asymmetric beam (which is flat) so doesn't actually favour one side or another and therefore should not need changing.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:54 AM

Thats a very good news then. I will check that and update about the situation

Old 04-10-2021, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

They always say that.. new users. Just like the Terminator, "I'll be back"... lol. OK, we'll be here.

So where are you from and what's the riding like there?

Old 04-10-2021, 02:19 PM

My english is not so good so its hard to tell as much as i want
Im from Lithuania. These bikes prety rare here. Or they starting to get uncommon sight everywhere i think? Just sold my FZS and got 05 f4i. Pretty barn find because dude did not plan to sold it but didnt ride with it also. By the way dude who bought my fzs crashed it about over a 500 hundred meters..
It have about 14k miles on clock, all MOT and other paper history. Condition is not the best because came from England but overall pretty alive. Its not my first or second bike and since i have some experience, i believe to wake it up pretty soon.
Needs to check front brakes, change fork seals, brake pads, chain, oil, filters etc. Oh and FI error blinking so will take it to diagnostics.

So thats all the long story short for the introduction

Old 04-11-2021, 06:04 AM
Welcome crew
Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

Thank you for the introduction Ugnius, it is nice when people take the time to introduce themselves.
We are here to help and there is a tremendous amount of experience on this forum.
How long have you been riding and which other bikes have you had?
I bet there is some terrific riding over there in Lithuania I have not made it that far over Germany / Hungary is as far as I have been.
Please let us have some pictures, we like pictures.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ugnius Zaltauskas
My english is not so good so its hard to tell as much as i want
Im from Lithuania. These bikes prety rare here. Or they starting to get uncommon sight everywhere i think? Just sold my FZS and got 05 f4i. Pretty barn find because dude did not plan to sold it but didnt ride with it also. By the way dude who bought my fzs crashed it about over a 500 hundred meters..
It have about 14k miles on clock, all MOT and other paper history. Condition is not the best because came from England but overall pretty alive. Its not my first or second bike and since i have some experience, i believe to wake it up pretty soon.
Needs to check front brakes, change fork seals, brake pads, chain, oil, filters etc. Oh and FI error blinking so will take it to diagnostics.

So thats all the long story short for the introduction
You're doing great on the English, so don't worry about that. As for the blinking FI indicator, how many blinks is it producing? Maybe someone on here can help.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Al1040
Thank you for the introduction Ugnius, it is nice when people take the time to introduce themselves.
We are here to help and there is a tremendous amount of experience on this forum.
How long have you been riding and which other bikes have you had?
I bet there is some terrific riding over there in Lithuania I have not made it that far over Germany / Hungary is as far as I have been.
Please let us have some pictures, we like pictures.
Yeah I quickly noticed that this forum is a treasure of knowledge.
My riding experience started about a 14 years ago. Officially 11 years then i was age enough to get the drivers license.
Started with Honda XLR 125 Later then had Yamaha DT 125 After that Suzuki GS 500. Had made it a nice little custom bike and then it got stolen.. Later Yamaha FZS 600 and at the same time a few trash bikes to have fun around. Next up was the most crazy ride on two wheels i ever had. Husqwarna WR 300. Dope 2t smoker kiling mashineThen another FZS and now i feel the best of them all to me F4i.
Pictures will be later on because its still not in my garage. Planning to get it home tomorrow

Last edited by Ugnius Zaltauskas; 04-11-2021 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
You're doing great on the English, so don't worry about that. As for the blinking FI indicator, how many blinks is it producing? Maybe someone on here can help.
I have found instructions in this forum on how to read a codes by the flashes. Wil try tomorrow and see what will come out

Last edited by Ugnius Zaltauskas; 04-11-2021 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
IDoDirt (04-11-2021)

Quick Reply: F4i UK to EU headlight conversion