General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exaust

Hey guys I'm fairly new to the street bike scene(always had cruisers) but what is the difference or advantage/disadvantage of the aluminum, titainium, and the carbon fiber slip on's? I'm trying to figure out what would be the best for my bike.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: exaust

first off, obviously weight, and then of course...looks!

sorry i dont have more of a technical answer...but im not sure if there is one.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:27 PM

i think the insides are all the same.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM

also if you ask me i think they are all over priced, but still they sound better and make the bike run better.when i do it again i think i will go for the one that looks best at the lowest price because the insides can't be much different. your talking about a streight pipe inside with holes in it with fiber glass around it.high tech right?

Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM

cool, thanks guys!

Old 08-25-2006, 01:20 PM

also heat! touch the aluminum one and you'll say OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHH FJLSKR#@@#....
Ti one and you'll say...WOW...carbon fiber and you'll say...WO..

Old 08-25-2006, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

also heat! touch the aluminum one and you'll say OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHH FJLSKR#@@#....
Ti one and you'll say...WOW...carbon fiber and you'll say...WO..
i had that added, i know carbon fiber resists heat, but i also didnt know for sure and didnt want to sound like an idiot.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:35 PM

The sound your pipie makes is determind by the matal it is made out of. Aluminum will have to little more hollow sound and will heat up much more, titanium will have more of a deep tone and is very good at disspercing heat. carbone fiber has the deepest tone and stays a little cooler than the titanium.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 PM

well i don't know if thats right. if the inside were made of that material i would say yes but i think they are all steel inside. as far as hotness goes i have a alum m-4 and i can touch the can without getting burned. to make the long story short i can't see how what the out side of the can is made of can make a difference in the way it sounds. maybe iam missing something here.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:41 AM

The sound it makes is all about shape, resonance, and damping. Each pipe will have a different sound but unless you have them right next to each other, it will be hard to tell the difference. If you ride a 600, the sound will be higher than a 900+, etc. If sound is what your after then buy a RC51. They sound soooo sweet. To me though, sound is secondary - maybe even third to weight. The real reason is performance - for that reason, I would highly recommend saving up more money and getting the full system. Check out all the research and literature that they boys over at hardracing.com did. I bought a micron full system for my 929 and the difference was awesome!!

Quick Reply: exaust