General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everybody here please read!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Everybody here please read!!!!!!

i want to say thank you to everybody here who helped me with my prior
bike problems, a damaged hd i replaced , i belong to other forums but i have to
say that cbr forum is the best out there, every time i had a question i at least
got a reply from someone with info, the other forums all i got were people looking
and not replying im pleased to be a member of this forum and i will try to reply
more than what i use to, it helps especially when youre about ready to pull
your hair out!!! again i say THANK YOU ALL!!!! & happy riding , make sure your
all safe out there to live to ride again tomorrow.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So dude, what happened? Did you get it fixed or what? Don't leave us hanging... it just sounds like the engine is either fubar or you got it running again.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:41 AM

let me start from beginning for those who just started reading, short and sweet,

i originally just wanted to do a valve adj. upon doing that took off valve cover to get to valves to change shims , seen that my #1 journal was badly scored on cyl hd & valve cover , clymers book says to change it , you guys said to change it , i was just going to polish to take easy way out , looked on ebay found complete hd with valves cover ,evrything, bid and got for $180.00 had 7000miles on it, what a steal. had to buy gasket , new screws just for hd and a cct gasket $98.00 evry place else wanted $140.00. best place to get oem parts is at cheapcycleparts.com. took off old hd put on new hd ,chkd valves on new hd was pretty close just used shims from old hd to adj. ,cleaned carbs, replaced fluids, started up but took a couple minutes did one big back fire and started up is this normal with chngng hds?????? anyway hasnt done it since.
snced carbs , put fairings on , now its just sitting waiting til spring ,i live in michigan and there is still snow , damn snow i hate the crap!!! took probably 2 mths start to finish didnt work on it evry day tho.

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP ANY QUESTIONS ON CHANGING HDS ASK ME I THINK IM PRETTY MUCH AN EXPERT NOW!!!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:17 PM

it shouldnt backfire, but I would guess it was due to not getting fuel evenly to all cylinders, once the others caught up, you had one or two that were borderline beginning to foul and then you had the backfire right around the same time the other cylinders picked up. Plus it being cold doesnt help either.

If it runs good, your probably ok with everything.

Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, damm snow!!! You shoulda seen me tryin to ride in that crap. I had to get my bike to a buddy's garage, since i dont have one. It was pretty interesting, not to mention my front tire looks like a race slick. lol. You anywhere close to the D? I'm 5 min north of metro. (the airport)

Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Yeah, damm snow!!! You shoulda seen me tryin to ride in that crap. I had to get my bike to a buddy's garage, since i dont have one. It was pretty interesting, not to mention my front tire looks like a race slick. lol. You anywhere close to the D? I'm 5 min north of metro. (the airport)
i live just south of flint in linden so im about 1-1 1/2 hrs north of you. cant wait til it warms the hell up!!! my bike hates the cold!