General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problem Please Help 02 cbr F4i

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem Please Help 02 cbr F4i

Okay soo I am rebuilding my bike after i laid it down and.... well this has got to be one of the dumbest reasons I have had to ask a question on any forum... I am rebuilding my bike after i laid it down....so bare with me and thanks in advance. Yesterday I changed my spark plugs, head cover gasket, and cleaned the throttle body.. okay cool no problem put everything back together and my bike cranks right back up.. I let it run for about 20 minutes and cut it off...and cranked it right back up so i leave it running and I am checking the turn signal light and my bro mike decides since we are not getting any juice to the front head light to stick a broken turn signal light in to the front turning light socket with the two bare wires that are hanging off the end of it... and a red light came on next to the neutral light and i shut the bike off and now it will not start... I am not getting any power to the fuel pump... where do i start my trouble shooting? I have replaced the one fuse that was blown all the rest of my fuses are okay.

Attached Thumbnails Electrical Problem Please Help 02 cbr F4i-2010-11-27-08.51.46.jpg  
Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 AM

If he only plugged in the plug, and the wires weren't touching each other, it has nothing to do with the bike shutting off. Normally, the red light is the oil pressure light. Did the light come on before or after you turned the bike off? If before, you may have an oil issue. If after, its completely normal for the oil light to come when you shut down the engine. I would certainly check the oil level though just to make sure.

if the wires touched, then it probably blew the fuse, since I think the blinkers and fuel pump use the same fuse. Even if you changed it, I would pull the fuse and make sure the connector pins did not get pushed out of the block when you put the new fuse in. Its pretty common to happen. Sometimes, the factory doesn't get the pins secure, and when you put in a new fuse, it pushed the pin out and the fuse doesn't make connection.

Another thing to check would be the headlight harness. the bank angle sensor is located on the headlight, and connects through the headlight harness. If its not hooked up, it will shut down the fuel pump. Make sure the connection to the main harness is good.

Also, be careful with how you have the bas orientated. if the headlight is not level, (which is where the bas is located), it can shut off the fuel pump if its tilted too far.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM

When I bought the bight the bank sensor was disconnected from the wiring harness because the guy had laid it down and never replaced it. But it was starting and running fine prior to this light coming on. However I did replace the gauge cluster yesterday as well. The light came on after he did this with the wires and when the light came on I shut it down myself cause i did not know what the red light meant. I am going to check the oil level in a minute. However now that I think about it the oil indicator light is blinking also. I will check the fuse issue that you have suggested also. Thank you

Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the help man the sensor was the issue bike fired right up

Old 11-27-2010, 12:39 PM

No problem. Glad you got it going again, and thanks for letting us know you got it fixed.

good luck with your re-build.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Thank again I will post pictures once I get it up and going.... I should have everything complete with in the next few weeks.