General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBAY my dream bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY my dream bike?

Hey guys I just recently got into ebay... i picked up decals and a tank gaurd so far... its kind of expensive but I think it gives my bike a much better look. I was wondering if I should buy my parts from there... I need new sprockets and chain and new front rotors. I am not sure when I am getting a good price and i am not sure which parts I can put on myself.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Default RE: EBAY my dream bike?

i LOVE ebay!!!! i get everything off there. the key is when you find something you want do a internet search for it and see what the difference in prices are, if you can get it cheaper somewhere else-there you go. if not go with ebay!!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: bindelsf2

i LOVE ebay!!!! i get everything off there. the key is when you find something you want do a internet search for it and see what the difference in prices are, if you can get it cheaper somewhere else-there you go. if not go with ebay!!
+1, not that hard to figure out. Kinda like pricing comparing at normal stores...in fact exactly like that.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:51 PM

check out sprocketcenter.com they have better prices than e-bay or anywere i have found on sprocket/chains

Old 07-25-2006, 01:07 AM

I love eBay!! I buy and sell on there every day. I have only gotten one part off of there, but it was atleast a $100 part for $20 that was bearly used. It looked better on the bike than a brand new piece. I would shop around though just top make sure.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 AM

Sounds good thanks for the advice

Old 07-25-2006, 02:06 PM

Ebay is king.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:09 PM

I always check Ebay befor I buy anything . ebay rules.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM

Just wanted to throw another point of view into the conversation.

First, let me say that I think ebay is a great resource. I buy and sell there often.

I have recently had to buy all new fairings ($$) for my F4i and was going to pick up good condition used ones from ebay, fix them up myself and then have them painted. As I searched for parts I ran across many that were damaged in crashes and had been replaced, but I also found many that were in near-new condition. "What a steal!" I thought to myself.... I also was reading on these forums about people having their bikes stolen and fearing that they'd just be parted out. The thought of buying pieces of someone else's stolen bike made me feel a little sick. I still bought several items from ebay, but all new parts (signals, levers, etc.). The fairings I ended up getting elsewhere, new. It cost me a little extra, but the way I see it, buying parts that could easily be stolen may be feeding business to thieves, increasing their desire to steal and sell more.

Perhaps I am overly cynical, but I'm sure that if my bike ends up stolen one day it will find itself in pieces being sold on ebay...I don't like the thought of a criminal making money off of my bike and from honest people trying to fix their bikes back up.

Again, ebay is great, especially for things like tankpads, decals, sprockets...just think about what you're getting there and where it may have come from.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:38 PM

+1 to everything you just put...A LOT of the that stuff is stolen but for tankpads, accessories and what not its the place to go

Quick Reply: EBAY my dream bike?