General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyno run with c/f exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno run with c/f exhaust

i have a 06 f4i with a two brothers m2 with a power commander and would like to get a dyno tuned custom map....... but a paper that came with the pipe said dyno tuning can ruin the carbon fiber.......any suggestion guys?????

Old 08-27-2009, 01:42 AM

hmm. thats a new one to me. Maybe give the manufacturer a call and ask them for a suggestion on how to tune your bike if dyno tuning is not ok? I don't know of any other way to get a good tune. I can't imagine the company feels just a downloaded map is sufficient. Maybe ask them how they tuned the pipe if they didnt dyno tune it themselves.

Honestly, if dyno tuning the bike ruins the carbon fiber, then so will driving the bike.

The only thing I can think of is some places have an exhaust tube that slides over the pipe to catch the exhaust so the room doesnt fill up with exhaust fumes. I wonder if that is what they are reffering too, that the carbon fiber will not handle the tube resting on it. Because just simply running it on a dyno should not hurt anything.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
hmm. thats a new one to me. Maybe give the manufacturer a call and ask them for a suggestion on how to tune your bike if dyno tuning is not ok? I don't know of any other way to get a good tune. I can't imagine the company feels just a downloaded map is sufficient. Maybe ask them how they tuned the pipe if they didnt dyno tune it themselves.

Honestly, if dyno tuning the bike ruins the carbon fiber, then so will driving the bike.

The only thing I can think of is some places have an exhaust tube that slides over the pipe to catch the exhaust so the room doesnt fill up with exhaust fumes. I wonder if that is what they are reffering too, that the carbon fiber will not handle the tube resting on it. Because just simply running it on a dyno should not hurt anything.
I found it simply said under the warranty information "DO NOT use carbon fiber mufflers when dyno testing the bike-dyno runs can quickly heat up and destroy the mufflers." Maybe it would be okay if no exhaust tube is used as you said and if i wait a little between runs it should be fine. Thanks

Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM

generally, when a bike is dyno'ed, they will have a large fan that is blowing on the front of the bike to simulate the bike actually moving. This allows the bike to stay cool as the fan is pushing air through the radiator and across the bike, which in turn should flow air across the muffler as well.

Also, as you said, there will be a few minutes between dyno pulls, so the muffler should be fine. I'd hate to see their race mufflers after one race if a dyno tune is going to ruin the muffler.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
generally, when a bike is dyno'ed, they will have a large fan that is blowing on the front of the bike to simulate the bike actually moving. This allows the bike to stay cool as the fan is pushing air through the radiator and across the bike, which in turn should flow air across the muffler as well.

Also, as you said, there will be a few minutes between dyno pulls, so the muffler should be fine. I'd hate to see their race mufflers after one race if a dyno tune is going to ruin the muffler.
yeah i agree...thanks for the reassurance.