General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks like some guy made a mold of his tape worm hahaha

Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Looks like a strap of some kind to me

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dishmop handle with without the head ....... previous Squidly owner must
have been trying to clean the tank from the inside

Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM

It looks like a scrub brush handle ,,or playing a joke with the previous owner , good find bro . That could have gotten into the float level in the tank and messed up your fuel sending unit . In all seriousness bro , good thing you got that out,,no telling what that was doing to your carbs while it was dissolving . Yuk! Talk about a mental mind loop ,,makes me wanna check mine too now LOL!!
Id run some fuel cleaner in it ,,just in case some of that gunk got in the fuel system. I run 2 cap-fulls off marvel mystery oil in mine every 3rd fill up .
Keeps the fuel system CLEAN! Been using it for 20 yrs .

Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM

I smell a "how to" gas tank mod coming up....

hahahahahahaha

Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Rider
It looks like a scrub brush handle ,,or playing a joke with the previous owner , good find bro . That could have gotten into the float level in the tank and messed up your fuel sending unit . In all seriousness bro , good thing you got that out,,no telling what that was doing to your carbs while it was dissolving . Yuk! Talk about a mental mind loop ,,makes me wanna check mine too now LOL!!
Id run some fuel cleaner in it ,,just in case some of that gunk got in the fuel system. I run 2 cap-fulls off marvel mystery oil in mine every 3rd fill up .
Keeps the fuel system CLEAN! Been using it for 20 yrs .
To be honest I think that is what it is. It looks like he tried to scrub his tank and lost the brush inside. My guess is the gas eroded the bristles away into the fuel system.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Looks like the scotch brite toilet bowl cleaning thing with the disposable heads. Google it you'll agree

Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 PM

maybe at one point in time it was used to measure the fuel that is in the tank? idk lol just throwing stuff out there.. but 10in long dang! lol

Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by iRIDE_F4i
but 10in long dang! lol
...... thats what she said.. sorry I debated this one for a while and decided to go for it

Old 05-02-2011, 11:49 PM

You can see the bristle holes in the end , yep like cynicalrider came to the same concussion as I did ,,someone was cleaning the tank with a brush ,,and decided to leave it in the tank for cobra to finish,,but forgot to tell him it was in there? LOL!!
Cobra,,dump that tank and clean it out the right way , now that you more then likely have been running your CBR with a dissolving plastic handle that the bristles have been reduced to lining your fuel system (not to mention your injectors) with liquidized plastic particles ,,empty the tank ,,clean it out with carb cleaner ,,then blow it out with compressed air . I wouldn't chance that stuff screwing up your bike ,,these bikes aren't exactly cheap as they once were..its more of an investment nowadays .
With gas prices climbing higher ,,I find myself becoming a daily rider ,,and driving my truck on bad weather days. My advice ,,Clean the tank and get some fresh gas with some cleaner in it before you start having some costly repairs Bro.