General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY stands

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006 | 01:20 PM
Default RE: DIY stands

Please do i need to get a rear stand as well, they look pretty solid from the picture they show so its either going to be these or gonna fork out for the pitbull that most other people seem to be praising about. Most people with the pitbull say there is no flex and is very solid, love to hear how these are.

Old 08-14-2006 | 04:36 PM
|

It's shipping to me this afternoon, and, i'll post up pics and what I think about it tomorrow evening hopefully.

Tylor

Old 08-15-2006 | 06:32 PM
|

Alright, the stand showed.
I opened the box, and, here's what ya get

After assembling it, first thing I notice is how it is "adjustable"
Take a look for yourself. You can't lock them into the size you need.

Little flimsey if ya ask me

But, for it being shipped to the door for $50, I can't complain too much. I did attempt to do a straight lift without setting the kickstand on a block, and, almost bent the stand. But, after setting a block under the kickstand to level the bike out, it works ok. I havn't started to wrench on it yet, i'll do that later tonight after I go surfing. But, before I take off, here's some more pics

Oh, and, the other possible problem was it was hitting the pipe. Just gotta set it out further towards the end of the swingarm

I'll let ya know if I recomend the stand to ya later after I've been wrenching on the bike. See how solid the thing is

Tylor

Old 08-16-2006 | 01:16 AM

Finally got mine today !!! I'll get some pics and put em together here soon

Old 08-17-2006 | 01:42 AM

They don't look too bad and could be made non adjustable VERY easily. All you would need to do is get them where you want them and drill a small hole and install a roll pin or a hair pin into the hole. The hair pin would allow you to remove it to adjust it for another bike. After looking at it, even if it was a little flimsy, adding a few small gussets would be cheap too. I mean scrap metal is easy to come by.

Old 08-17-2006 | 09:47 AM
|

ORIGINAL: noslofivoh

They don't look too bad and could be made non adjustable VERY easily. All you would need to do is get them where you want them and drill a small hole and install a roll pin or a hair pin into the hole. The hair pin would allow you to remove it to adjust it for another bike. After looking at it, even if it was a little flimsy, adding a few small gussets would be cheap too. I mean scrap metal is easy to come by.
Yeah, I know it'll be easy to reinforce it. I was just a little dissapointed it is as flimsey as it is. I work in a metal shop, so, fixing it isn't going to be a problem.

Tylor

Old 08-23-2006 | 12:03 PM

I'm getting ready to buy a rear stand for my CBR1000.What did you like about these stands?There are several diferent ones on eBay,and thats where I'll be getting mine.Any suggestions?

Old 08-23-2006 | 12:15 PM
|

Well, I want to start with saying this. You get what you pay for. I compared my stand to a pitbull, solid, one peice stand, and, my stand is like a limp noodle.

It actually started to bend out from under the bike. Not a good thing. I had to revend it back, and, now, it's better, but, I wouldn't trust it to sit for a long period of time. So, my final thoughts on the stand I got off ebay, save some more money and get a good stand.

Tylor

Old 08-23-2006 | 07:45 PM

OK,thats good to know.I'll just be using it to change oil and lube the chain,but my bike is heavy,almost 600lbs.I'll look for some good stout ones on eBay,there are several.Better to overkill on these! Thanks,Darrell

Old 08-23-2006 | 10:35 PM

Ok, I am hoping to be the owner of 600 F4 very soon. I want a good stand that fits this bike. I think I would also one a front stand. I kind of intend to use the stands as Winter storage along with doing general maintenance. Is there a perfered stand for this bike?

Quick Reply: DIY stands