General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Problem...clicking, not in gear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problem...clicking, not in gear?

So I have had my 2003 F4I for 5 months with no problems at all. I love the bike. I did notice that when I would put the transmission in neutral and the bike was rolling to a stop, a clicking sound came from the engine area, but would go away when I stopped.

Then I went to my first track day friday at Buttonwillow (LOVED IT, F4I's ROCK!), and noticed on a few shifts thatwhen Ishifted into gear and gave it gas, it felt like the bike was in neutral. Then the bike would fall into gear on its own, and I would go on my way. Didn't think much of it. Later on, in one of the sessions, I shifted into 2 or 3 and the tranny wouldn't shift into gear. WhenI pulled on the clutch pedal, all i heard was clicking. Then I pulled really hard and it finally went into gear. Only happened once at the track.

So then, when I got home, after washing it, I was riding home, and accelerated hard in first gear and tried shifting into second. Again, it was like it was in neutral, and when I pulled on the clutch pedal, only clicking. Then I pushed on it real hard and got it into first, then put it into second. Away I went. Shifted normally the rest of the ride home.

Other than this problem, the clutch feels fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys for any help!