General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Brakes!! What type?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Brakes!! What type?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this fourm, I recently bought a 2003 cbr 600 and I was wonder what type of brakes would be best on the bike. I am very new to working on motorcycles so if someone could post a link for brakes that would work on a 2003 cbr 600 It would help out a ton. Also, Is there different types of brakes for different riding styles.( ex:stunting, racing ect.)

Any help is help Thanks!!

Ride safe.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Default MANY types of brake pads on the aftermarket...

There are MANY types of brake pads on the aftermarket. The OEM pads are best, IMHO. There are MANY sources on the Web. These guys have GREAT prices http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/

Old 07-05-2009, 12:49 AM

I agree, stock is the way to go. If your a track a holic, then a race pad would be better. But, keep in mind that "race" doesnt always transfer to the street in a good way. With brakes, race pads transfer less heat into the caliper, which helps keep the brakes cooler and fade less, but they also require heat for them to start working like they should. On the street, you will never be on the brakes enough to get the heat into the pads, so you will have brakes that don't grab like they should.

Go with oem type pads.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:31 PM

All i know, is i just changed my rear pads, and SBS pads suck. On the other hand, i replaced my front pads a week ago, with (i forget the brand name) but they were Sport HH++ pads, and they are A-May-ZING.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM

go galfer. I use the race sintered in the front and carbon semi metallic in the rear. they last a long time and have a really good feel, which really comes in handy rolling long stoppies. They also work just as well on the the streets or track. Just take a little longer to heat up on the street, which takes about five minutes.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Factory Honda pads.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ebc hh

Old 07-06-2009, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Ebc hh
Prefer the stock Honda OEM pads for street use.

I used the EBC HH on the track bike, and they seemed about like the stock pads. Switched to Vesrah RJL and they are way better on the track.

Bottom line, IMHO, if you're doing street and trackdays, OEM or EBC are fine. If you're going to go with race pads, they really do need correct warming.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randyjoy
Prefer the stock Honda OEM pads for street use.

I used the EBC HH on the track bike, and they seemed about like the stock pads. Switched to Vesrah RJL and they are way better on the track.

Bottom line, IMHO, if you're doing street and trackdays, OEM or EBC are fine. If you're going to go with race pads, they really do need correct warming.
HH is the type most our bikes come with stock. I like the EBC's myself but everyone is different.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
June 2009 ROTM

I use the EBC HH sintered metallic pads too. Love them so far.

Quick Reply: Changing Brakes!! What type?